Not enough amps for Toto Neorest/Now what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Janjan

Reaction score
I had decided on the Toto Neorest 500 for our remodel after my plumber said "no problem". The electrician just came to put in an outlet and said it won't support the watts for the Neorest. They had already pulled off of a bedroom for the heated floor and they said if they pull off anything else, if I plug in a vacuum, it may blow the circuit. I guess our house only has 15 amps circuits (with 20 for the kitchen). (Hope that all makes sense) They said I could an E200 or C110 washlet with a toilet, but now I don't know what to do. I had my "heart" and other things set on the Neorest. Advice please.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I assume you don't have any spare spaces in your panel, are you maxed out on power?

neorest_550_open_lid3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Janjan

Reaction score
Yes, we are maxed out on the power. I'm going to compromise and buy the E200 Washlet (410 watts)with either the Soiree or Guinevere. Electrician said it should be OK.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
If your panel is designed for it, and its a space issue and not a power draw issue, you can install tandem breakers which will let you install a new breaker where you couldn't before...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks