luke warm water

Users who are viewing this thread

dennislewis

Reaction score
I installed a Pegasus 898 056L shower set. I cannot get hot water. The cold works fine and when I rotate the handle to the hot side it is only luke warm.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Assuming the hot supply is really hot, all new shower controls have a high limit mechancal adjustment. On some, it is a screw, on others it is a lever. You'll need the instructions to figure it out. Normally, you have to take the trim off to reach it. Because summer incoming water is normally warmer, if you adjust it in the summer, it will be cold in the winter, and vice-versa. That's one reason why I prefer a themostatically controlled valve. Set the desired temp, and it works the same winter/summer, end of tank, beginning of tank.

AAnderson

In the Trades
Reaction score
I installed a Pegasus 898 056L shower set. I cannot get hot water. The cold works fine and when I rotate the handle to the hot side it is only luke warm.
first is the water in your lav sink hotter than in the shower or the same? I assume the lav is hotter because the installing plumber had not adjusted the disc on the valve after setting trim. this typically sets behind the trim and is more or less intuitive. It prevents you from turning a handle beyond a fixed point. It can be lifted off the valve and rotated to the left to give you higher temps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks