Hey everyone, hopefully an easy question, I'm installing the drain for the clawfoot tub, and it didn't come with any instructions. I understand everything except for the following (please see picture):
1) part #18 screws into the drain from inside the tub, do i need any putty, or silicone underneath?
2) part #17 - does that washer go on the inside of the tub or underneath?
3) part #3 there are 2 overflow washers (#3, #2) one is angled (2), the other flat. Is this just for different tubs, or am I missing something (i.e. should I be using the #3 somewhere??)
4) I'm assuming part #2 goes on the outside of the tub...
Thats it! Thanks for your help,
1. putty under its flange.
2. Under the tub.
3. Use whichever gasket fits between the overflow fitting and the tub, even if you have to rotate the beveled one to get a good fit.