Extending Refrigerant Lines

Users who are viewing this thread

JeffeVerde

Reaction score
As part of a remodel, I'm relocating my compressor. Before starting, I had my HVAC guy evacuate and cut/seal the lines. The framing's done and I'm ready to close up the walls, but my HVAC guy's out of town for two weeks.

Can I put a stick of type L in the wall with 90's stubbing out top and bottom and let my HVAC guy take it from there when he gets back? The existing lineset is 3/4" and 3/8".

Alternatively, the existing line will reach about half way down the new wall. I could feed it in the wall and plan on opening up that bay when he gets back -- but I'm a little concerned not knowing how much bending the lines will take without risk of kinking/cracking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks