DWV configuration good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bobby P

Reaction score
Hello, I am a DIY guy, putting in a second floor bathroom, and want to make sure that my DWV setup is good. Below are images that show how I would lay it out. Someone told me that I could wet vent the Lav from the WC if it was 2", is that right? This may be specific to Oregon/Portland code, right? Would I drain the lav into the toilet drain before it hits the 3x3(x2) bend, or after?

The images are below.

DWVbathroom-1.gif

DWVbathroom-2.gif

DWVbathroom-closeup.gif

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
From what I can tell you're not wet venting the lav here anyways.

I don't understand what fitting you plan to use where you have a 90 degree bend and a vent coming out the side of it though, you used 2 of these non-existent fittings in the drawing.

Bobby P

Reaction score
Yes, I vented the lav by itself, but someone who saw this image suggested that I just wet vent the lav to save putting in another vent.

The horizontal fitting is a 3x3x2, where the 3" is running waste horizontally (at a slope, of course), and the 2" is for a vertical vent.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
From what I can tell you're not wet venting the lav here anyways.

I don't understand what fitting you plan to use where you have a 90 degree bend and a vent coming out the side of it though, you used 2 of these non-existent fittings in the drawing.

The fitting is called a 3x2 side outlet ell. By far not the best way of piping it but the fitting is made.

John

Bobby P

Reaction score
I need to make the inspector happy, so whatever fitting they are used to seeing in this type of situation I will use.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I didn't even know where to begin except to say that most all of it is wrong or poorly designed.

Bobby P

Reaction score
Wow, I thought I was doing better than that...I got a lot of the design from a local plumber, but he is too busy to keep helping me (for pay, of course) :(

I can't get anyone locally to come in and just give me a design, I think they want to do all the work or nothing. I can't afford that, so I am on my own or the project doesn't get done. Anyway, I am committed to this, and will have to keep at it until I get it right. I attached images of new fittings below.

Someone suggested that I just wet vent the WC through the shower vent, but that vent is 8-9 feet away and shares the downstairs 2" kitchen lav and dishwasher vent, is that OK?

I would be VERY appreciative for any advice, thanks!!

DWVlongshot.png

DWVcloseup2.png

DWVclose1.png

Jc60618

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Suspended Pipe

I dont know if you can run 3" suspended in your area, in chicago its not allowed. However lets assume that you can use 3".

Also instead of using a regular combo to pick up your toilet you can use a 3" combo with a 2" side inlet. By using this fitting you can eliminate the 3x3x2 sanitary tee. Just make sure you run that line dirrectly below the center of your plumbing wall. This will allow you to bring your 2" vent directly up without doing an offset.

Attachments

• Plumbing Bathroom.jpg
    Plumbing Bathroom.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2,346
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks