Help With European Tap Thread Sizes

Users who are viewing this thread

wyeme

Reaction score
Hello!

I just put a rather healthy bid on an antique French bath/shower mixture tap that I want to use in my new home. I was looking at a picture of it and realized the threads are probably not what we use here. Does anyone know what kind of threads I may encounter and where I can find the appropriate fittings for it? (It has two male thread pipes for hot/cold and one male thread fitting on top for the shower.) THANKS!!

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
It may or may not be in Metric. Hard to tell. You might have to wait and see. Any Ace should be able to order you an adapter if you need one You might be able to sweat copper right to the valve too....

Thanks,
Jason

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
anything from france is junk

I dealt with a French urinal going into
some milion dollar mansoin years ago and
it was a nightmare...

it was very poor quality too.....so I hoep you didnt bid to much

you will most likely have to order some specialty adapters to
make the jump from the french junk to normal

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
At best it will be metric. Adapters will be available and VERY hard to find. Depending on how old your "antique" is, it could be completely non-standard. You might end up needing a machinist rather than a plumber to hook this baby up. What are you going to do when it leaks? Do you have a "Les Parts" store nearby?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks