(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here is the one-piece version of the Aquia.
    Now you pull the bowl from the box and stick it down on the flange adapter and over the mounting blocks.
    No need to even install the tank, it's all molded in.
    MS654204MF, comes with a SS204 Softclose seat.

Last edited by Terry; 08-06-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Just thought I would throw my two cents in here. I installed this toilet and had a leak on the left tank bolt. I tried removing the tank and re-installing several times. I tried sanding the inside of the toilet around the hole and re-installing. I went so far as to alternate tightening the tank bolts a quarter turn each until they were tight. I tried over-tightening to the point where I was worried the tank would crack (thank goodness it didn't). Each time, it leaked. Finally, I used a coat of RTV silicone on the rubber washer that seals inside the tank. This fixed the leak. I'm not sure what else I could have done, but now the toilet is working great.
    Last edited by abarclay; 12-26-2011 at 06:34 PM.

I noticed the Aquia one piece only has a 1-3/4 inch trap compared to the 2-1/8 trap on the Aquia CST416M. Do you think that this could affect the performance in a negative way. Does anyone have any real world experience with the one piece Aquia?

Comments by readers Reader Review's Avatar
    Emails and phone calls sent in by readers

Default Cst412mf.10

Toilet and everything looks great, thanks again!!
    Robin V
    Seattle WA

TOTO Aquia with 10" Rough, CST412MF.01

I have one too. Recently, it seems it's not flushing as much water. I know I can adjust that though. Otherwise, the toilet works and looks great.

We purchased an Aquia MS654114MF and are in the last day of a bathroom remodel only to discover that we have 11", not 12" for the rough in. Does anyone have any experience with using this model with an offset flange?

Thanks for an amazing site. I've learned more in the 17 pages than 47 years!

Blog Entries

we have 11", not 12" for the rough in.
    You can set these at 11.5"
    You may be able to fudge the adapter the rest of the 1/2" by setting it offcenter to the flange.
    The outlet is 2", and you are dropping it into a 3" pipe. There is some room to play with there.

We sometimes use a flange repair ring to hold the closet bolts at the "new" center.
    Do not use an offset flange.

Thank you Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    You can set these at 11.5"
    You may be able to fudge the adapter the rest of the 1/2" by setting it offcenter to the flange.
    The outlet is 2", and you are dropping it into a 3" pipe. There is some room to play with there.

We sometimes use a flange repair ring to hold the closet bolts at the "new" center.
    Do not use an offset flange.

Hi!
    I need some help with a powder room project and would greatly appreciate if someone with an installed Aquia II 12" rough-in toilet can provide me with some measurements. The issue is that my chrome threaded pipe nipple is 3" from the center line, protrudes 4" (including the valve) from the wall and is 5" off the floor. I was planning to install the Aquia II (CST412MF or CST416M) toilet and need to know if the back of the toilet can accommodate my current nipple placement. It would be very helpful if you can let me know the rear clearances.

If the toiler rear cannot accommodate the nipple, can someone let me know how easy/difficult it is to swap out the nipple with a new shorter one? I am only experienced with copper pipes.

Thank you!!

Aquia II on a 12" rough
    Last edited by Terry; 10-23-2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: added picture

If it doesn't fit because of the protrusion, you can install one of these Dahl Skirted Toilet kits, which is basically an integrated 90 with a quarter-turn ball valve attached.

http://www.dahlvalve.com/products/mi...oilet-kits.php

Terry/wjcandee, Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kohinahi View Post
    Hi!
    I need some help with a powder room project and would greatly appreciate if someone with an installed Aquia II 12" rough-in toilet can provide me with some measurements. The issue is that my chrome threaded pipe nipple is 3" from the center line, protrudes 4" (including the valve) from the wall and is 5" off the floor. I was planning to install the Aquia II (CST412MF or CST416M) toilet and need to know if the back of the toilet can accommodate my current nipple placement. It would be very helpful if you can let me know the rear clearances.

If the toiler rear cannot accommodate the nipple, can someone let me know how easy/difficult it is to swap out the nipple with a new shorter one? I am only experienced with copper pipes.

Thank you!!

Aquia II on a 12" rough
    Last edited by kohinahi; 10-25-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kohinahi View Post
    Hi!

Thank you!!
    Hi there. Not a plumber, but I happen to have the same toilet installed. I measured behind mine, and in that "cut out" area in the back (just above that "foot" at the base) it's about 6.75" from the wall to the back of the toilet. Sounds like the nipple would fit, but I don't know if you'd have room after mounting a shut off valve on it. I think you'd clear the back of the toilet that is closest to the wall, and the pipe is high enough to put it inside that "cut out" area (if all of this is making sense).

I'd just be concerned about having enough space for the shut off valve. Hope this helps at least a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bronsonb View Post
    Hi there. Not a plumber, but I happen to have the same toilet installed. I measured behind mine, and in that "cut out" area in the back (just above that "foot" at the base) it's about 6.75" from the wall to the back of the toilet. Sounds like the nipple would fit, but I don't know if you'd have room after mounting a shut off valve on it. I think you'd clear the back of the toilet that is closest to the wall, and the pipe is high enough to put it inside that "cut out" area (if all of this is making sense).

I'd just be concerned about having enough space for the shut off valve. Hope this helps at least a little bit.
    Thank you! That does help.

One additional question. Would anyone know if are these two TOTO toilets -- CST416M (Aquia II) and CST412MF (Aquia) are identical except for the height? I looked at the CAD drawings and specs (the supply line area looks different) and could not determine if they both had the new Aquia II type cutout? I saw an Aquia toilet where the skirt extends towards the wall -- covering the cutout area in the Aquia II. TOTO representatives claim that the only difference in the two above models is their height - 16 3/8 for the Aquia II and 17 1/8 for the Aquia.

Thank you in advance!

Blog Entries

Original CST414M installed with the old style SS114 Seat. This installation must be about ten years old now.
    While I was installing a new tub downstairs, the homeowner commented how much she loved this Aquia. Thinking she may want to take it with her if she moves.
    Last edited by Terry; 12-07-2013 at 11:32 AM.