Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
CST414M is a 15-1/8" high bowl using the more complicated floor mounting, with an open back bowl.

CST416M is a 15-1/8" high bowl with the less complicated floor mounting, the back of the bowl is closed.

CST464MF is a 16-1/8" high bowl, otherwise like the CST416M

CST421MF is a 16-1/8" high bowl, otherwise like the CST416M

M = dual Max flushing
F = 16-1/8" high bowl

Jenny123

Reaction score
Which is better?

Hi,

I never thought I would spend so much time researching toilets. I am stuck between Toto's Aquia and Kholer's Strela. I am not sure which toilet is better. Could you please advise? Also, what is the difference between the Toto's CST412MF and CST464MF? These toilets are the same price.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mdenato

Reaction score
I've installed my new Aquai ... almost... I'm about 1/2" from the bowl being pushed back to where it's supposed to set. On one side I can screw in the mounting bolt, but not the other - so I'm thinking it's off a bit, but nonetheless I cannot push the bowl back any further. I measured everything and even soaped the ring as you suggested... The only thing I can think of is that the bowl is rubbing against the mounting blocks making it impossible to push it back any further. So, what do you suggest? Can I somehow trim the mounting block - rather than taking the whole thing back out and moving the blocks? That's the easiest option to me that I've thought of so far - but want to get advice from you before I try anything.

Thank you -
Michael

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The blocks are there to receive the attaching screws. I little triming shouldn't hurt.

You must have the CST414M Aquia if you are sliding the bowl toward the wall into the adapter. How far from the wall was the rough-in?

TylerB

Reaction score
Bowl drain

I installed the Aquia II a few months ago thanks to this site! I am now noticing something unusual - after a flush the bowl empties and refills. Within a few hours though the bowl is back to almost empty like it is draining somewhere. There are no apparent leaks and it seems to flush with the same force as always. Any ideas as to where the water is going and how to stop it?

Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There should be very little water in the bowl when at rest.
Are you sure there isn't a plug somewhere, and that the bowl is being overfilled and then seeps down to it's natural level?

aquia_top_view.jpg

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet
The water level is at the second line starting from the middle.

CapstanRec

Reaction score
I installed a Toto Aquia III this past Friday. It took me longer to read and understand the instructions than to actually do it. I installed a new brass nipple and 1/4 turn valve as well and the whole process just took a few hours. The extra flange and mounting hardware is a great idea so if the toilet has to be removed, the wax seal still remains intact... unlike a traditional toilet installation.

And my girlfriend loves the soft close seat. She won't miss the toilet seat banging in the middle of the night. Ha.

I'm considering replacing my upstairs toilet as well... but it might be a 10" rough in. I'll have to check.

This place is a great resource! Thanks again.

TylerB

Reaction score
There should be very little water in the bowl when at rest.
Are you sure there isn't a plug somewhere, and that the bowl is being overfilled and then seeps down to it's natural level?

aquia_top_view.jpg

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet
The water level is at the second line starting from the middle.

Thanks! The water level seems to be filling up to the level in your picture and then occasionally seeps down so it is just below the opening to the drain (does that make sense?). It doesn't happen with every flush and otherwise the toilet is functioning well.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you ever flush dental floss or hair down the toilet? On occasion, those strands can act like wicks and let water out. Also, if the toilet is not used for extended time, and the house is dry and or hot, you'll get some evaporation. But, if it drops to that low level regularly, and within hours, there may be something wrong.

It could be as simple as the overflow hose is misplaced.

Firemark

Reaction score
I've experienced the same thing on one of two Aquia III's on rare occasions in the past year. My best guess is it's caused by my washer discharge that is within 5 ft. There's so little water in the bowl normally just a bit of suction will pull some out. Both the toilet and washer share the same vent stack. I haven't checked the vent stack for blockage.

Nsx78

Reaction score
Hello all, I would like to put in a toto aquia ii. I've read the rough in should be 12 inches. I just measured 11inches from the back wall to the center of the hole. Does this mean it won't fit? Thanks for your help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Make sure you are measuring to the finished WALL, not the baseboard or trim, unless the trim is quite tall. The spec sheet showing dimensions is on the www.totousa.com website.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
95% of all homes have a standard 12" rough-in. That's the distance between the back wall and the center of the drain.
That normally is the center of first set of bolts that hold the bowl down.
The Aquia needs 11-1/2" or more.
Yeah, I'm 95% sure.

Mcdonaldb

Reaction score
Toto aquia III install

I'm in the process of finishing a new bathroom, i am just about to tile the bath floor and am interested in a Aquia III. I have seen the Install pdf from Toto's website but want to make sure im not missing something. I have never installed a toilet so this is all new to me, what im wondering is do i need to install anything prior to my tile going down around the toilet drain? or is everything installed after the tile is laid down?

thank you,
Brian.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The toilet is the last thing installed. The floor comes first, then the toilet sets down on the new floor.
The back mounting blocks will require drilling four holes through the tile. This is because it's a skirted bowl and the mounting is a little different.

Mcdonaldb

Reaction score
Terry, i should install the closet flange over the tile also, correct? and this can be a regular closet flange from a big box store, i don't need anything specific for the Toto toilets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks