(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Default Acquia installation

The installation of the 2 Acquias I bought was a lot more difficult than expected. Luckily for me, they were installed on the 2nd floor, so even though some more holes had to be drilled in the floor tile in one bathroom, there wasn't a slab underneath -- that would have required some serious drilling! We had a height limitation of 30" under a shelf that is an extension of our vanity top in our powder room (which is on slab), so we ought an Ultramax elongated for there. That installed in no time flat. Beware that the Acquia needs 6 holes in the floor to install!!

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Oftentimes, drilling into concrete is much easier than through tile...and, with Toto's, that model, and any with the unifit adapter require additional holes in the floor to install.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Default Terry

Hi Terry, is it possible to use the Aquia as a back outlet toilet?

Thanks,

Shajan

Default Love my new Acquia

We had an Acquia installed last month as part of a total bathroom remodel.
    We had a plumber do the installation, so I can't really address the ease of installation issue -- but we love the toilet. I know that sounds weird. But the thing it replaced sometimes needed to be flushed a couple of times even for #1, and the Acquia handles whatever we put into it with style and aplomb.

I really like the skirt; it just looks so much cleaner. I was worried about the small water spot, and the fact that some other folks had complained (either here or at another site) about smearing, but we've had no problems. The small flush setting is very complete, and the big flush setting even more so.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is how comfy the soft-close seat is. Again, this sounds a little weird, but the seat is shaped really well to fit my tush.

Thumbs up Aquia looks and comfort

I would agree with your comments on the looks and comfort of the Aquia toilet. We have had one in the hall bath for about ten months. My old American Standard would get clogged at least once a week, but since we changed to the Toto it hasn't clogged at all. I plan on changing my other 3 toilets to the Toto brand. I picked the Toto brand from recommendations on this website. Thanks Terry!

Last edited by Terry; 01-25-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Default Additional holes to install Aquia?

what are the 6 holes or extra holes? The spec sheet only shows the standard 2 bolt holes?

Installation instructions for Aquia
    Last edited by Terry; 01-11-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Notice the screw cover down low, closer to the wall.

In addition to the two closet bolts, the adapter is held down by two more points at the back, closer to the wall.

There are also two blocks near the wall that use two screws each.
    These are for the side mounted attachment screws with chrome covers.

That makes a total of six holes that would be drilled in tile.
    Last edited by Terry; 01-11-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks Terry...guess their spec sheet is not very good as it does not mention any of that...unless I missed something...is there a better drawing that shows all of what you'd mentioned?

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

There is also installation instructions that shows the uni-fit and screws.

Last edited by Terry; 01-11-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Smile

Gotta agree about how pleased I am with the Acquia. Comfy (love the ADA height), flushes incredibly well, and is usually clean (although I keep a small brush set next to each toilet just in case). We've had them since February and have them in 2 bathrooms -- master and hall used by a teen. ONCE in all this time I had to flush a 2nd time -- and that's using the .9 gal -- twice with this is still waaaay less water than the multiple times I had to flush with the old toilets. We bought them just before our water district's voucher program ended -- saved $165 PER TOILET (we saved only $75 on the Toto Ultramax we needed for the powder room due to counter height restrictions -- otherwise would have used another Acquia). Love, love, love these toilets (and love confounding guests, LOL). Only complaint about the slow close seat involves "husband training" -- if he leaves it open, I need to wait for it to slowly close before I can use it.....he needs to be retrained, LOL.

Default Aquia/ADA

The Aquia III CST464MF has a bowl height of 16-1/8"

Specs for Aquia III
    Last edited by Terry; 01-11-2009 at 01:31 PM.

I am seriously looking at putting these toilets in a new home I am building. The one concern I have is about the flush buttons. I have long fingernails and when flushing cannot use a fingertip to flush as most would.

Do the buttons stick up enough that you can use your finger about where the top knuckle is to flush without a problem or do you have to really push down into a recessed area to flush these toilets?

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

The button is a circle the smaller side for 3 litre and the larger for 6 litres.
    It pushes into a channel, you can use a knuckle to push but both will go down as the smaller side is to small to fit just a knuckle.
    Hope that helps?

I concur, knuckles are a little too large to press just one button.
    Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 05-29-2007 at 12:31 PM.

Exclamation

Any comment on the noise level when you flush Aquia???

It would be nice if there is a section about noise level for different toilets...Similar to the Maximum Performance rating done by veritec... All one need is a noise meter... Of course... it should be a controlled setting... like same plumbing or preferably same room...

P.S. Gotta love this forum... I believe no where else can you talk about toilet with such detail... Thanks Terry for opening such a forum...

A section about jokes & toilet humor would be a nice addition... Just for the fun of it...
    Last edited by herbolaryo; 05-29-2007 at 12:40 PM.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fairly quiet,
    TOTO Aquia, with a slight thump. 80 db
    TOTO Ultramax, 78 db
    Vortens 1.0 pressure assist, 86 db
    Last edited by Terry; 05-29-2007 at 04:43 PM.