(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    There should be very little water in the bowl when at rest.
    Are you sure there isn't a plug somewhere, and that the bowl is being overfilled and then seeps down to it's natural level?

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet
    The water level is at the second line starting from the middle.
    Thanks! The water level seems to be filling up to the level in your picture and then occasionally seeps down so it is just below the opening to the drain (does that make sense?). It doesn't happen with every flush and otherwise the toilet is functioning well.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Do you ever flush dental floss or hair down the toilet? On occasion, those strands can act like wicks and let water out. Also, if the toilet is not used for extended time, and the house is dry and or hot, you'll get some evaporation. But, if it drops to that low level regularly, and within hours, there may be something wrong.

It could be as simple as the overflow hose is misplaced.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

I've experienced the same thing on one of two Aquia III's on rare occasions in the past year. My best guess is it's caused by my washer discharge that is within 5 ft. There's so little water in the bowl normally just a bit of suction will pull some out. Both the toilet and washer share the same vent stack. I haven't checked the vent stack for blockage.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Or if you have back to back toilets, sometimes flushing the other toilet will cause some water to leave the bowl.

Hello all, I would like to put in a toto aquia ii. I've read the rough in should be 12 inches. I just measured 11inches from the back wall to the center of the hole. Does this mean it won't fit? Thanks for your help.

Make sure you are measuring to the finished WALL, not the baseboard or trim, unless the trim is quite tall. The spec sheet showing dimensions is on the www.totousa.com website.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

I want to replace two American Standard toilets with the Toto Aquia II. Will they fit?

Blog Entries

95% of all homes have a standard 12" rough-in. That's the distance between the back wall and the center of the drain.
    That normally is the center of first set of bolts that hold the bowl down.
    The Aquia needs 11-1/2" or more.
    Yeah, I'm 95% sure.

Great. thanks!

Default Toto aquia III install

I'm in the process of finishing a new bathroom, i am just about to tile the bath floor and am interested in a Aquia III. I have seen the Install pdf from Toto's website but want to make sure im not missing something. I have never installed a toilet so this is all new to me, what im wondering is do i need to install anything prior to my tile going down around the toilet drain? or is everything installed after the tile is laid down?

thank you,
    Brian.
    Brian

Blog Entries

The toilet is the last thing installed. The floor comes first, then the toilet sets down on the new floor.
    The back mounting blocks will require drilling four holes through the tile. This is because it's a skirted bowl and the mounting is a little different.

Terry, i should install the closet flange over the tile also, correct? and this can be a regular closet flange from a big box store, i don't need anything specific for the Toto toilets.

Blog Entries

A closet flange works better if it's installed over the flooring.
    Often you don't see that though. If a standard closet flange in installed over or on top of the flooring, then one wax ring works.
    If the closet flange is on the subfloor and then the overlay and tile is cut around the flange, then a second wax ring would be needed.

Yes, a standard closet flange.

There are lots of models of toilet flange. The preferred one has a SS metal ring rather than the painted steel one. Now, you shouldn't get any leaks there, but the SS one will be fine 50-years from now, but the steel one might be dust. This assumes you have plastic pipe (pvc or abs).
    Jim DeBruycker

yes ABS pipe.
    Brian