(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: 2nd toilet recent install losing water in bowl

DIY Junior Member

Default 2nd toilet recent install losing water in bowl

In our new addition I installed the new toilet and it is loosing water in the bowl.

No leaks but do notice water movement when the other toilet its flushed (same floor).

Our other toilet is great...10 flush...will take a soccer ball with it.

Our new toilet is a Glacier Bay Niagara flapperless, which I am disappointed in the fact that we need to flush twice for any solids to go.

It takes about 5 hours before the water level gets to the point before you can HERE other rooms activities.

Venting was done by my contractor and passed inspection. Could this be a mismatch in toilets?

Anything else I should be checking?

Only one vent stack leaving the roof but many branches tie to it.

Glacier Bay Flapperless Toilet
    Last edited by Terry; 12-28-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the home was plumbed using a cross fitting, then flushing one toilet may force water out of the bowl nearby.

Plumbing codes and the right way to plumb for the new high performance toilets has not caught up.

I would not recommend using cross fittings for toilets.

Default toilet

Since it is a Glacier Bay toilet, I would not be surprised to find that it has an internal leak causing the water loss. But there is no way to tell you WHAT is happening, until you determine WHEN the water disappears. Just having water movement when the other toilet flushes does not mean that the other toilet is causing the water loss. And HAVING vents is not the same as having vents WHERE they should be.