Low Pressure until Pump Kicks on

Users who are viewing this thread

erinstorlie

Reaction score
We have low water pressure inside the house, until there is enough draw to kick on the well pump. Any idea why this is happening? We can feel the pressure inside the house increase when the pump kicks on, then it's ok, but still not terrific water pressure.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
What pressure range is the pump operated at? There should be a pressure gauge at the pressure tank. You run water until teh pump comes on and shut it off, then note the psi the pump shuts off at. Then run water and note the psi when the switch clicks and teh pump starts.

I.E. 30/50 (on/off) you can feel/see the difference and that is normal. You can't compare city water pressure to a private well water system pressure wise.

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
We have low water pressure inside the house, until there is enough draw to kick on the well pump. Any idea why this is happening? We can feel the pressure inside the house increase when the pump kicks on, then it's ok, but still not terrific water pressure.

Could be a few things...

1. Pressure switch needs adjusting.
2. Pressure switch needs replacing.
3. Expansion tank needs to have it's precharge adjusted to 2 psi LOWER then the pump kick in pressure.
4. Expansion tank is shot and needs to be replaced.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks