(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Glenwall - Acorn nuts or plastic caps?

Default Glenwall - Acorn nuts or plastic caps?

I'm installing my second Glenwall today. On the first toilet I used the metal acorn nuts/cap nuts that were on the original toilets in the house. They are very corroded and ugly so when I got the second toilet I asked for new nuts. They said that nuts were not from American Standard but Zurn (carrier brand). But American Standard did specify come plastic caps for the Glenwall which when I got them look just like those for a regular toilet. They would cover a regular nut on the Glenwall but then I could not use a washer because it would not be covered.

Should the plumbing supply be able to order me new acorn nuts and fiber washers (need these too) from Zurn? Or is there another alternative?

Thanks

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Zurn and Wade make brackets that come with the acorn nuts.
    I haven't been able to buy them separately.

Neither have other plumbers.
    Many of us have resorted to picking up stainless nuts and washers at hardware stores.

Last edited by Terry; 07-01-2010 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks Terry. I had bought washers and nuts but then decided to see if I could clean up my original Zurn acorn nuts. A light wire wheel work buffed them up pretty good so I went ahead and used them. They are aluminum or something similar.