water well problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Red Good

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Put a new pump in the well and repaired the wiring and still no water . if I hooked up the wiring wrong and it is only 110 to the pump can this be changed at the well head ? 3 wire Franklin SS pump at 400 feet with 20 foot joints of pvc , with brass pitless connector . Certain that I did the wires at the pump colour to colour but what else can it be ? Red

And it's Christmas eve !! woooohoooo

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you got a new pump with 3 wires, it really has 2 hots and a ground, and does not use a control box. The old 3 wire pumps had 3 hots, no ground, and need a control box. So if you have a motor control box, you needed a new 4 wire pump, which has 3 hots and a ground. So if you can figure out which of the three wires you have now is the green wire on the motor, the other two go directly to the pressure switch and you need to do away with the control box.

Red Good

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
New pump is the same as the old one has 4 wires coming out of it . Hooked them up by coclor and sent it down the hole again . Now it will not pump ?
Any help today is big bonus .Thanks Red

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Assuming that you didn't botch the wiring and the connections at the pump are water tight, how about the control box? Have you done an electrical test on it? If so and it checks out, you may want to test voltage at the well head. If you check out good there then up with the pump again I fear.

Red Good

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say Thank you to all that posted , After checking the black wire showed no continuity from the control to the ground . Checked it at the well head and found a broken wire as it exits the underground tube and enters the well head . Strip the wire and make a new connection and we have water . Thanks again , really excellent site and knowledgeable people .Red

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks