(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I need help tracing water movement !!!

  1. #1
    DIY Junior Member mryakima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Central Washington State

    Default I need help tracing water movement !!!

    A friend from Manitoba without internet asked me to post this question. The water table is near the surface. Here is his question...

    Could anyone advise on how to trace water movement underground. I would like to know if the water in my well is the same water that is coming into the basement. The well has a static level within a few feet of the basement floor level and is only 20 feet away. The water flow has been increasing over the last 10 years and the sump pump is getting pretty busy. Is there a product that I can put into the well (potable) that might show up in the sump. Thanks
    Last edited by mryakima; 12-23-2009 at 10:38 AM.

  2. #2
    Previous member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    North of the Mason dixon Line


    I wouldn't be putting dye of any kind down a well. You might try using a transit to measure the static level in the well and then the level of the basement floor.

  3. #3
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wherever I park the motorhome.


    If it hasn't rained lately and you don't have a water or sewer line break, then the sump pump shouldn't be running unless the water table is up high enough to cause it to run.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts