1/2 bath layout

Users who are viewing this thread

mikebr75

Reaction score
Hi- I need help with a vent question- I am installing a 1/2 bath in 1st floor pantry of a 100 year old house. The main stack is about 22' away. The stack picks up a 2nd floor bath and continues through the roof as a vent. Is it possible to use a struder vent in the half bath? If I try to get to the attic can I tie into an existing 2" vent that continues to the main 4" - The flow will be wc 3"- then lav sink 1 1/2 to 3" - to main 4"- Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can tie into the vent 42" above the flood plane of the highest thing draining into it...the easiest is probably the attic. Avoid an AAV whenever possible as they can fail.

mikebr75

Reaction score
Thanks Jim- would I tie in after the WC where the lav ties into the 3"? I would use 3x3xx2 wye, 2", then a tee for the lav and continue up to the attic with the 2"?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks