Global Warming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
We need more Public Transport Dave, not PUBLIC Transport.

God I love this country. It just needs a bigger Government doing things Governments should do.

And I love Americans. I just wish more of them would step up and become Federal employees. It takes a special kind of person to do ones duty for the country and work for the Federal Government.

Now if we could just get those pesky volunteer firefighters to join up, we might be on to something.

I think an ex-volunteer would make a great member of staff in the Commodity Futures Trading Commission or the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.

Last edited:

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
We ARE Americans !!
We deserve BIG GAS guzzling VEHICLES !!
We earned that right in 2 WW's
A Hummer in every HOME !! ;)
England & Europe are so small, they don't need cars
People over there should just walk every where & leave the gas for us

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
People over there should just walk every where & leave the gas for us

We already do, and you already have it.

That's the problem! Stop warming up my lawn with your F150s!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
We need more Public Transport Dave, not PUBLIC Transport.

God I love this country. It just needs a bigger Government doing things Governments should do.

And I love Americans. I just wish more of them would step up and become Federal employees. It takes a special kind of person to do ones duty for the country and work for the Federal Government.

Now if we could just get those pesky volunteer firefighters to join up, we might be on to something.

I think an ex-volunteer would make a great member of staff in the Commodity Futures Trading Commission or the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.

I think you are right Ian...
If your property catches on fire the volunteer firefighters should take a bus to get there.... :D

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Ian...be glad you don't live in Chicago ..in some places there you pay a fee every year for fire protection...and there have been cases when the FD was called out only to find out the people didn't pay there bill and they let the house burn down...

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
And $4/gallon gas would have most Conservatives up in arms.

Poor Conservative "victims" who think they "deserve" the right to drive to work.

Well then I should start paying $25.00/Gal., instead of $4.00, so they can have even more money to fix the planet and then when I come to your house to do plumbing it will be $600.00 for the first Hr. to walk through the door...and you can be the first one walking, instead of driving, as an example to others as to what everyone should be doing...

When they see you doing this the World will all follow your leed...

I wonder what my carbon footprint will be when I make my Scotch Eggs...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
How about you pay $1-2 more per gallon to make you feel better & I get that as a discount on what I buy ?

and you can be the first one walking, instead of driving, as an example to others as to what everyone should be doing...

When will you guys get it? Global warming is not about "choices" or "freedom to make your own decisions". It's about the need for regulation forcing you to do something because you don't get the big picture and your choices hurt others.

Just like healthcare. It's not about whether you decide to give to charities and churches or not. Government needs to take tax from you and provide regardless.

Choice doesn't work on its own. Freedom doesn't work on its own. Reagan got it wrong. Because the market fails, Government and regulation are also needed. Or did you just sleep through the financial crisis?

And I already do pay $600.00 for the first Hr for my plumbing (well, $500 if the truth be told) which is why I started to DIY and visit this Merry site.

Plus, if I don't have to call you out in the van that does my bit for the environment too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Ian...be glad you don't live in Chicago ...in some places there you pay a fee every year for fire protection...and there have been cases when the FD was called out only to find out the people didn't pay there bill and they let the house burn down...

The still have private fire departments in chi-town? Wow, I'm used to using those as a historical example of why some stuff needs to be government-run...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
We drive about 6000 miles a year and prefer to use public transport.

We drive a 2000 Rav4. It has a 2 liter engine and on a good day will do close to 30 miles to the gallon.

You can take home drywall in it, if you know a trick or two.

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
We looked at the RAV4, nice vehicle - a friend owns one
I drive less then 3500 miles year
It was kind of funny another site I was on a guy was ranting & raving about people driving big trucks
He owned a Prius & drove 25,000+ miles a year
I pointed out that even with his gas efficient vehicle he used almost 2x the gas that I used

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Still haven't seen any Scientific Proof of the cause of Global Warming....

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I hope it gets so hot in my area that it literally burns the hair off my skull.

I won't hold my breath on that, and for those with no amount of age behind them...where was this nonsense back in the 50's, 60's, 70's...the 80's when 100 degree temperatures were the norm in my area and above that in florida, years ago.

HMMMMMMM????

Why wasn't that global warming then? HMMMMM???

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
New Yorkers aren't worried
They will just use the upper floors of buldings

globalscarecity.jpg

global-warming-pool.jpg

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Still haven't seen any Scientific Proof of the cause of Global Warming....

Nor I for the existence of God. That doesn't mean it is not real.

Or perhaps it does?

Close the churches. Convert them into apartments.

And start up the cars.

At least we've established scientifically that the Earth was not created in seven days. And that the dinosaurs existed. And that man descended from a common ancestor with the apes. I keep meeting people here that even doubt those things.

We owe a great deal to science. Else all we'd know would be the preachers' teachings. And perhaps, even, global warming.

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
And start up the cars.

At least we've established scientifically that the Earth was not created in seven days. And that the dinosaurs existed. And that man descended from a common ancestor with the apes. I keep meeting people here that even doubt those things.

I would love to see the "Established Scientific Proof" of ancestry from apes...You can PM me if you like...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks