Global Warming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Ian...all my driving and burning trash is paying off...your supposed to maybe get 20" of the white stuff...

I like it...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Yes, it does look like Cass has been driving again. We've got over 2 feet of the white stuff at home. Fortunately (or perhaps not) I am currently not in DC. I am in Cape Town for work at the moment: temperature 75 degrees and getting hotter.

I have not been on the forum much recently because of this. Also, because of all my DIY at home I have neglected the car. So for a few more weeks I'll be over at my car forum.

When I am back in the US I will be:

i) changing my brake lines
ii) changing my drums, shoes and cylinders
iii) changing the oil in the front and rear diffs.

If my car still exists with all this snow of course.

Dirty Cass. Godless Conservatives and their filthy driving habits.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Hopefully some of it is still there for you to dig out when you get back...;)

It went out to sea and missed us entirely...:cool:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I think it was more the trash I was burning than the driving...Now Ian...where have you ever heard of a Godless Conservative...

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Caution...Caution...Global Warming is coming...

I have snow shovels for sale if anyone needs them...

This is what to look for to tell if Global Warming is headed your way....

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I can't beleive how hot it is getting...there is another snow storm coming....

Mattb

Reaction score
I can't beleive how hot it is getting...there is another snow storm coming....

Not looking forward to another storm after over 2 feet of snow the other day.

Btw isn't it "Climate Change" now?

Mattb

Reaction score
Here you go, the most famous alarmist!

ramsey.jpg

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
It's actually very clear.

You can trace the source back to dirty Americans.

And if you look real close, just one of them is to blame. Trash burning Cass.

He made me turn Progressive.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I just want to say that today is HOT, so the global warming issue is back on.

Ban F150s.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Could Cleaner Air Actually Intensify Global Warming?

It sounds contradictory, but the idea is actually based on a natural polluter -- volcanoes. Kintisch points out that nearly 20 years before the eruption of Eyjafjallajokull in Iceland shut down air traffic across Europe, a much bigger volcano in the Philippines affected the climate over a much broader area.
"In 1991, when Mount Pinatubo erupted, it put tons of sulfur into the stratosphere," he says. "Those sulfur aerosols cooled the planet."
So if we found ourselves in a climate crisis where oceans were rising rapidly and coastal areas were flooding, some scientists think "we could mimic the cooling effect of natural volcanoes and make man-made volcanoes by putting our own gunk, essentially, up in the upper atmosphere," Kintisch says

More of the story here

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
It sounds contradictory, but the idea is actually based on a natural polluter -- volcanoes. Kintisch points out that nearly 20 years before the eruption of Eyjafjallajokull in Iceland shut down air traffic across Europe, a much bigger volcano in the Philippines affected the climate over a much broader area.
"In 1991, when Mount Pinatubo erupted, it put tons of sulfur into the stratosphere," he says. "Those sulfur aerosols cooled the planet."
So if we found ourselves in a climate crisis where oceans were rising rapidly and coastal areas were flooding, some scientists think "we could mimic the cooling effect of natural volcanoes and make man-made volcanoes by putting our own gunk, essentially, up in the upper atmosphere," Kintisch says

More of the story here

The half-life of volcanic ash or sulfurous aerosol particulates in the atmosphere is measured in months, years at most.

The half life of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is measured in decades.

Committing to a program of injecting crud into the atmosphere to reduce whole-earth albedo might work on paper, but it's hardly a solution to exponentially increasing use of greenhouse-gas emitting energy sources in a rapidly developing world economy, any more than a life-jacket is the solution to a rising tide. Long term, stemming the flow is both cheaper & more reliable.

Geo-engineering can't be taken on lightly- the potential for unintended consequences of disasterous proportion are high, (a cure worse than the disease?) Counting on winning it with a Hail Mary pass or a 3-pointer at the buzzer is essentially no game plan at all.

clausbelly

Reaction score
Today, the idea of global warming is well known, if not well understood. It is not unusual to hear someone complaining about a hot day or a freak storm and remark, "It's global warming." They don't care about this Global Warming problem. They put only a bit money in, while they silently stuff their pockets with the cash.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Look, it is happening. And we all know who is burning all the gas, oil and coal.

*Hint*: It's not the Canadians.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's been really cold this Summer in Seattle. At least we still have July and August. I like those months.
This is looking out my back deck.
It's so cold this Summer that the honey bees aren't leaving the hives.

back_view_winter2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks