Global Warming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Terry, what was weird was the fact I was outside when LifeFlight went overhead. I even looked up. I didn't even think about what could be and, then learned he was lifeflighted out. Really really so sad.

It has been so hot that I have been leaving pails of water out for animals at night. Heck, raccons, skunks, deers, I guess even mice and rats are drinking it. They need it.
~~~~~~~~
What is another fact which is also, so very sad is that his other 2 friends who are over in Afghanistan has just been killed by taking out mines, just 3 days ago.

We are depressed over all of this right now. I feel for my son. I know and love these kids.

Cookie

Reaction score
The outpouring of love and warmth for those boys & their families who were killed overseas, from our neck of the woods has been tremendous. It is nice to know there are those types of people still alive today who care & are human beings. Their condolences has been great, really nice folks, good human beings.

Cookie

Reaction score
Terry,

I was at a function for work the other day, it was outside, and they had those misting fans. I don't think they were Steve's but, it was truly helpful in this heat. I wonder how his is going.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Temperatures in the first six months of 2010 were the warmest January-June on record. Records date back to 1880.

It's time to stop driving your big cars and vans ladies and gentlemen. They are heating up the planet and hurting people, including those that cannot afford to drive cars and vans.

Take the bus or walk. If you live too far from work....MOVE! Or your freedom (to polute the planet) will be taken away from you.

Do no harm America because your freedoms are causing harm.

Fix it or the Governmemt will fix it for you, because it knows better than you.

Bigger Government is the only way to fix this mess. And $8/gallon gas would help too.

Cap and trade. And let's tax this filth.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Yes, Americans should use birth control. Only a few came over on the boat and look how many we have now.

I also agree that there are too many in the States. People in these should all move to DC or Puerto Rico.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I think we should limit drastically the amount of people allowed in our states from other countries. Their are not enough of jobs and resources. Not trying to be rude here, but I am an American Ian, and I would like to see our country flourish. I am sure you would like to see the same of yours.

Cookie

Reaction score
Sun Aug 8, 2010 11:58 am ET Yahoo news.

Un Oh...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – An ice island four times the size of Manhattan broke off from one of Greenland's two main glaciers, scientists said on Friday, in the biggest such event in the Arctic in nearly 50 years.

The new ice island, which broke off on Thursday, will enter a remote place called the Nares Strait, about 620 miles south of the North Pole between Greenland and Canada.

The ice island has an area of 100 square miles (260 square km) and a thickness up to half the height of the Empire State Building, said Andreas Muenchow, professor of ocean science and engineering at the University of Delaware.

Muenchow said he had expected an ice chunk to break off from the Petermann Glacier, one of the two largest remaining ones in Greenland, because it had been growing in size for seven or eight years. But he did not expect it to be so large.

"The freshwater stored in this ice island could keep the Delaware or Hudson Rivers flowing for more than two years," said Muenchow, whose research in the area is supported by the National Science Foundation.

"It could also keep all U.S. public tap water flowing for 120 days."

He said it was hard to judge whether the event occurred due to global warming because records on the sea water around the glacier have only been kept since 2003. The flow of sea water below the glaciers is one of the main causes of ice calvings off Greenland.

"Nobody can claim this was caused by global warming. On the other hand nobody can claim that it wasn't," Muenchow said.

Scientists have said the first six months of 2010 have been the hottest globally on record. The El Nino weather pattern has contributed to higher temperatures, but many scientists say elevated levels of man-made greenhouse gases are pushing temperatures higher.

The initial discovery of the calving was made by Trudy Wohlleben of the Canadian Ice Service.

The ice island could fuse to land, break up into smaller pieces, or slowly move south where it could block shipping, Muenchow said.

The last time such a large ice island formed was in 1962 when the Ward Hunt Ice Shelf calved an island. Smaller pieces of that chunk became lodged between real islands inside Nares Strait.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Just look what you Americans are doing.

TIme to curb your freedoms and tax some gas.

I'm lucky, 'cos I have a Zoeller. But some of yous might not.

dc-storm6-081210-439x330.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks