(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming...

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Well, it was over 100 degrees in Washington DC today and the same is predicted for tomorrow. It's even getting warm in Washington State so I want some justice.

Americans are to blame for warming up our planet and this unseasonably hot spell. People living in America but not Americans are excused.

Specifically today I would like to throw mud at E350 Super Duty owners. Those vans are just too big.

Take the bus. Or use the train. Better yet walk and take your hose clamps with you.

Last edited by Ian Gills; 07-06-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Oh Hi Ian...

Mind if I park my drain snake next to ya on the bus...

Long Live The Queen! Keep them Brits paying for her upkeep...

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I prefer a cube van, they hold 2.4 times more stuff in them, and get the same gas mileage.
    I can also stand up in them. A big, big plus.
    Why waste gas making multiple trips when it can be hauled in one?
    Last edited by Terry; 07-07-2010 at 10:35 AM.

Why waste gas at all when we can all just DIY?

DIY will green the planet and that is one reason why I do it.

Blog Entries

So when a DIY is making multiple shopping trips to the box stores, that's okay
    But when a contractor stocks his van so he can do several days worth of jobs without the trips to the hardware store, that's bad?
    Plus, we can drive from job to job saving even more time, and gas. It's not "round trips" that a homeowner would make, it's a one way trip.

Ian, did you flunk math?

Ian, my neighborhood is mostly Italian. But, I have a neighbor from Russia, he drives a big SUV. I have down the road a neighbor from India and they are a 3 SUV family. Four families on the road own very large vans and they speak only Italian with some broken English. Another family from Thailand and they own a gas guzzler.

Me? I drive a small economy car and was born in the USA of parents hailed from Ireland, Germany and France.

oops, I always forget about one relative who was a (Seneca) Guyasuta Indian. SO, part of me really does belong here before most of you guys. The gas is all mine.
    Last edited by Cookie; 07-07-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Look. The facts are simple.

Tomorrow will be 90 degrees in Bothell. Most of them folks there can't afford AC and (thanks to the "licensed" contractors) their windows often don't open.

So people in this country need to start driving smaller cars, like Cookie, else we all start to get hot.

And that includes the plumbers too.

Most DIYers do not need to make round trips to the home store. We read our local codes; make a plan and construct a list of materials; submit these for the permit; and, then we start work. Then it's off to the supply house and back. Schedule the inspection and done.

It's not rocket science (although deck building is).
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 07-07-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Ps. I also drive a jeep. lol.

ON a sad note, a friend of my son's died yesterday while working outside. He was early 20's. So, not to preach to you all, just make sure you drink lots of water.

Blog Entries

Ian,
    If we drove what you drove, it would waste too much time, too much gas, too much rubber on the road.
    It's not rocket science to us, but it is sounding like it is to you.
    Golly.
    We get way more work done in a day. We're not into mutilple days and trips, it's git er done time.

Cookie, it's too bad about your son's friend. It's not an obvious thing to think about, but it does happen every year to young people.
    Rugged sells cooling fans with water misting for just that purpose. He's trying to get the schools to look into them to protect the kids during heat waves.

Last edited by Terry; 07-11-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Terry, what was weird was the fact I was outside when LifeFlight went overhead. I even looked up. I didn't even think about what could be and, then learned he was lifeflighted out. Really really so sad.

It has been so hot that I have been leaving pails of water out for animals at night. Heck, raccons, skunks, deers, I guess even mice and rats are drinking it. They need it.
    ~~~~~~~~
    What is another fact which is also, so very sad is that his other 2 friends who are over in Afghanistan has just been killed by taking out mines, just 3 days ago.

We are depressed over all of this right now. I feel for my son. I know and love these kids.

The outpouring of love and warmth for those boys & their families who were killed overseas, from our neck of the woods has been tremendous. It is nice to know there are those types of people still alive today who care & are human beings. Their condolences has been great, really nice folks, good human beings.

Terry,

I was at a function for work the other day, it was outside, and they had those misting fans. I don't think they were Steve's but, it was truly helpful in this heat. I wonder how his is going.

Temperatures in the first six months of 2010 were the warmest January-June on record. Records date back to 1880.

It's time to stop driving your big cars and vans ladies and gentlemen. They are heating up the planet and hurting people, including those that cannot afford to drive cars and vans.

Take the bus or walk. If you live too far from work....MOVE! Or your freedom (to polute the planet) will be taken away from you.

Do no harm America because your freedoms are causing harm.

Fix it or the Governmemt will fix it for you, because it knows better than you.

Bigger Government is the only way to fix this mess. And $8/gallon gas would help too.

Cap and trade. And let's tax this filth.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 07-16-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Less people in the states would help too.