(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming...

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

I love this time of the year because all the rich foods make ya look forward to what your farts are going to smell like!

I created a lot of global warming in the past 48 hours, more to come...
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

Chilii dogs too?

Beautiful......

Ian will now have something to complain about...that he doesn't understand....

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Plumbing View Post
    I love this time of the year because all the rich foods make ya look forward to what your farts are going to smell like!

I created a lot of global warming in the past 48 hours, more to come...

Like I said Frenchie...I never said it wasn't getting warm I just don't believe it is from human generated CO2...there is no way to eliminate the things in the past that have caused warming periods in the past before humans started adding to what was already there / happening...

I need to know from you if Scientists around the world know all and everything about what, how, and why the earths air, land, and sea temps to go up and down and how they affect each other over thousands of years...

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

I need to know from you if Scientists around the world know all and everything about what, how, and why the earths air, land, and sea temps to go up and down and how they affect each other over thousands of years...
    Is that really what it will take to tax you guys? My God, you really don't like paying taxes do you.

Extreme DIY Homeowner Scuba_Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    Uh, okay:

So based on the chart there was another civilized Human race over 100,000 years ago that caused global warming that killed them off

The chart, if correct, does show that we have had the largest spike in CO2
    Caused by the human race
    DIY Handyman (not 4 hire)
    I have enough to do to my own house

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    Is that really what it will take to tax you guys? My God, you really don't like paying taxes do you.
    I think most of us have no trouble paying taxes if the govn would have some common sense in doing so. I am happy at working and struggling, I wish it weren't for daily essentals though. And, when the govn taxes someone comparatively the same way the govn taxes the people born with money or ( is wealthy), which makes more money and lives a life of ease then it becomes unfair.

As much as the people with mega bucks don't like to hear this they need to be taxed accordingly to the ratio where it equals mine. They need to feel the brunt of it like I do. Or most commoners. But they don't. The rich so to speak, just complains because it becomes less money to make money from while the little people loses the money to pay bills, buy food, and to live day by day.

So in answer to your question there it is. You and all others can disagree but that is my viewpoint. Tax the people with money more than enough money, til it hurts like it does most American everyday citizens, make it fair to us.

Tax them until, they squeal. Tax them until it hurts, until, they come down a rung or 6. Here is a novel idea tax them until, they are one of us. They should be absorbing most of the bill to which taxes do their work.

Let the rest of us who live day by day be able to breathe once a while. I have no problem paying taxes to help those who need it but I do not want to support the wealthy.
    Last edited by Cookie; 12-26-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Like I said Frenchie...I never said it wasn't getting warm I just don't believe it is from human generated CO2...there is no way to eliminate the things in the past that have caused warming periods in the past before humans started adding to what was already there / happening...

No, of course not. I don't think you'll find any scientists claiming it, either. That's just not how science works.
    Master Plumber Mark:

there is nothing better than the
    manly smell of WD 40 in the air
    while banging away on brass with a chisel and hammer...

it smells like......victory......

do not hit your thumb...

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave View Post
    So based on the chart there was another civilized Human race over 100,000 years ago that caused global warming that killed them off
    Howzzat?

The chart, if correct, does show that we have had the largest spike in CO2
    Caused by the human race
    Yup.
    Master Plumber Mark:

do not hit your thumb...

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    No, of course not. I don't think you'll find any scientists claiming it, either. That's just not how science works.
    Then there is no way any Scientist can know if, how, and to what degree CO2 affects climate....Thats exactly how Science works...You have to know how every thing works in Concert and only then can you determine the degree, if there even is one, to which adding CO2 to what is already there affects climate...
    Last edited by Cass; 12-26-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

Beautiful......

Ian will now have something to complain about...that he doesn't understand....

It's been pretty rough here at the Dunbar household.

Brought in air blowers and oxygen tanks to get through the next 36 hours, hoping it will end.

Even my dog is having a go at it. I fed him too much turkey and forgot how he can crank em out when he's working on the cleanout phase.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

My cats can do a wonderful job at it also...

the EPA just left here...they were investigating an Air Quality Complaint...

and the Global Warming Protestors are starting to show up now....

Then there is no way any Scientist can know if, how, and to what degree CO2 affects climate... Thats exactly how Science works... You have to know how every thing works in Concert and only then can you determine the degree, if there even is one, to which adding CO2 to what is already there affects climate...
    No, that's NOT how science works!

"I don't know everything" is not the same thing as "I don't know anything". You don't have to wait until you understand everything, to say something about the parts you do understand.

Newtonian physics, for example, is incomplete. It can't explain Mercury's orbit. It can't explain the way light bends when passing a large object. It can't explain a whole lot of other things... but it's accurate enough for designing & making internal combustion engines, bridges, trains, automobiles, roads, highrise buildings, and so on.

Another example: is light a particle, or a wave? Do we have to wait until we know for sure which it is, before making light bulbs & lasers & cameras & light sensors & so on? Of course not.

People have been breeding animals & plants for millenia - without understanding exactly how genes work, or even knowing there was such a things as DNA.
    Last edited by frenchie; 12-26-2009 at 04:13 PM.
    Master Plumber Mark:

do not hit your thumb...

My cats can do a wonderful job at it also...

the EPA just left here...they were investigating an Air Quality Complaint...

and the Global Warming Protestors are starting to show up now....
    Are we talking Arkansaw steamers here? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Are we talking Arkansaw steamers here? lol.
    Prolly more like a Chihuahua Skidder....