aquastat and 3 zone control

Users who are viewing this thread

CtSebby

Reaction score
Hello we will be wiring a L7248 honeywell aquastat with a ARGO arm3, 3 zone control w/ DHW priority tomorrow. My question is does the circulator and thermostat controls on the aquastat get used or are all 3 circulators and thermostats ran from the 3zone controler. Thanks again. any info on the wiring all together would be great. Thanks.

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello we will be wiring a L7248 honeywell aquastat with a ARGO arm3, 3 zone control w/ DHW priority tomorrow. My question is does the circulator and thermostat controls on the aquastat get used or are all 3 circulators and thermostats ran from the 3zone controler. Thanks again. any info on the wiring all together would be great. Thanks.

I'm not familiar with those exact units but they should come with an instruction book that will include a wiring diagram.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
All circulators and thermostats run off the Argo box. You really could trade in the honywell aquastat for a L8148

CtSebby

Reaction score
All circulators and thermostats run off the Argo box. You really could trade in the honywell aquastat for a L8148

The honeywell that came with the boiler had the the wire for the one circulator prewired. So do I just unwire it or is this aquastat incorrect for my application?

Edit add on: the aquastat say to set the anticipator setting at .1 A. What is this setting and how do we set it.

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It depends. If you have the boiler piped with a primary/secondary piping arrangement then you need the primary circulator to run whenever any zone calls. If not then you can just pull that wire and wire that circ to the Argo control.

Both Argo and Taco and for that matter Tekmar provide wiring diagrams on their sites for just about any arrangement that you can think of.

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
It depends. If you have the boiler piped with a primary/secondary piping arrangement then you need the primary circulator to run whenever any zone calls. If not then you can just pull that wire and wire that circ to the Argo control.

Both Argo and Taco and for that matter Tekmar provide wiring diagrams on their sites for just about any arrangement that you can think of.

Hey it's funny that you know about Tekmar!!! Their head office / mfg plant are about 1.5 hours north of me here in BC! I love Tekmar controls, in fact I took the Tekmar control course at their office in Vernon a couple of years back.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Tekmar makes most of Taco's reset controls for them. good stuff. Their radiant floor sensors and controls are imho the best.

CtSebby

Reaction score
does anyone know anything about an some kind of envirocon brand equipment that can be wired to the beckett burner. I searched here and googled and didnt come up with much.

BTW the new Utica tri-fire 3 pass wet based boiler and 35 gal indirect DHW tank is in and wire up running smooth. I just have to have a contractor adjust the draft and I believe the burner. The wiring seems overwelming at first but is so simple a caveman can do it.

the outdoor reset is with UPS and should be here in a day or 2 as well. any advice on the outdoor reset?

thanks for your help so far!

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
the outdoor reset is with UPS and should be here in a day or 2 as well. any advice on the outdoor reset?

Set it for the lowest temperature you think you'll see all year and then set the max water temperature you want to boiler to deliver on that day. Then the boiler will automatically adjust to temperatures based on that.

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
does anyone know anything about an some kind of envirocon brand equipment that can be wired to the beckett burner. I searched here and googled and didnt come up with much.

BTW the new Utica tri-fire 3 pass wet based boiler and 35 gal indirect DHW tank is in and wire up running smooth. I just have to have a contractor adjust the draft and I believe the burner. The wiring seems overwelming at first but is so simple a caveman can do it.

If you meant intellicon then yes, it can be used to save you fuel. Google Intellicon HW+ or the Cheaper Beckett HeatManager. Its the same control made by intellicon, no LCD and the logic is a bit less. Both are available on ****.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks