(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Coliform Present in My Well

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    The big problem with filtration is that everyone in the business has their own opinions as to what works well and what does not. Most times the opinion is based on experiance with different products and or methods. It seem that quite often a topic will come up here with different professionals having different methods or opinions and sooner or later it turns into an argument.
    Now everybody just chill out and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS
    I don't see it as a problem that individuals have differing opinions. I do see it as a problem when individuals assert opinions as facts.

There is often more than one way to deal with a water treatment problem. The discussion in this thread makes that point quite clear. Even when the chosen treatment method is chlorination there is more than one way to chlorinate. Gary Slusser is a strong proponent of inline pellet erosion feeders to chlorinate. While I have posted information that, in my view, undercuts two of the advantages that Gary cites for pellet systems I agree with him that they work and that they have some advantages over solution feeders.

I believe that solution feeders also have some advantages over pellet systems and on balance are preferable. However that is my opinion--it is not a fact any more than Gary's belief that pellet systems are preferable is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob999 View Post
    The solution feeder system is less expensive to purchase. Your quoted price was $773 as I recall and the cost of a solution feeder system is $705--$205 for the pump including accessories, $15 for chlorine from the local supermarket, $450 for the retention tank you include, and $35 for the solution tank.

The above post is item number 40 in this thread. I have quoted it because in a subsequent post Gary Slusser asked:

"Answer the cost of the retention tank and if you sell equipment or are you just going on your one time experience wit ha solution feeder?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    I have also told you based on my 23 yrs experience in treating water with chlorine that without a correctly sized retention tank, your way fails.
    Gary, I think you have me confused with someone else. I have never advocated treating water with chlorine without a correctly sized retention tank.

What I have said is that in a discussion of the cost of an inline erosin pellet feeder as compared to the cost of a solution feeder that it is not necessary to consider the retention tank--because it is common to both systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Where did all the posts go?
    Wasn't it you that said Cass might want to shut the thread down?

I guess someone did by deleting posts and banning the offenders and probably for the reasons you were thinking of when you mentioned that.

It could also be because those folks were previously banned here under other names and decided to do the same stuff that they were banned for previously; actually a number of times previously. Over the last 9-10 months.

IMO I suspect they were welcome here until they reverted to their old ways again, and I suspect some will be back again. And POOF! gone again if they revert to their old ways.

What was it that someone smarter than me said about repeating your previous failed attempts at something and expecting a different result? It was kinda like being stuck on stupid wasn't it? I guess you're right and stupid IS forever...
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    The acid is a very weak solution, vinegar can also be used but it will take longer to clean the clean tube they replace the tube they take out and the cleaning of the tube is done after getting their unit back in service. Also, I mention the acid product by name and not all customers have to use acid of any kind.
    Even weak acids like vinegar, when mixed with a strong chlorine solution, produce chlorine gas.

Previous member

I just don't understand all the arguing. NOBODY is going to change anybody's mind. When someone has a strong opinion, they usually stick with it no matter how compelling the argument on the other side is. It's a lot like arguing politics with liberals. It's a waste of time because they never address the issue, only their "feelings" Solution feeders, pellet feeders, either way the pro's and con's have been tossed out there and now it's up to the consumer to decide. Yes I think Cass should have shut the thread down a long time ago because there is nothing new being added and what has ensued since the first few posts has pretty much been a waste of time. It's kind of too bad there is not a forum for arguing, abusing and belittling each other. I'm sure it would be a big hit

The above post is item number 40 in this thread. I have quoted it because in a subsequent post Gary Slusser asked:

"Answer the cost of the retention tank and if you sell equipment or are you just going on your one time experience wit ha solution feeder?"
    Bob, the tank I use is not used by most dealers and the price for the retention tanks they use, usually glass lined galvanized or Well Mater fiberglass, cost more than $450; to be equivalent to my tank they have to be 120 gallon tanks. I showed you that the last time we discussed this same claim of yours. That size tank can be 90-100% of my system's total cost. That is what I base me statement on.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Gary,

The retention tank you sell can be purchased for $419 plus shipping here:

http://4pureh2o.com/retention-tank.html

Gary,

The retention tank you sell can be purchased for $419 plus shipping here:

http://4pureh2o.com/retention-tank.html
    Yes I know Bob, and like I said, I sell it delivered for less than that site does, so go find and post some galvanized and Well Mate 120 gallon retention tank prices that most dealers use with their solution feeders.