I have a few questions, This is the second time my well has tested positive for bacteria. It was fine for as few years always negative till I pulled the pump last year to replace it and did not shock it,
I shocked it last year after it tested positive and then waited and it tested neg for bacteria. So I waited like 6-8 months and tested positive.
I am not 100% sure I did it correctly last time so I am posting here for correct amount of shock to use.
The well is 230 feet deep 6" drilled. 30GPM recovery, Goulds 1 1/2 HP Gould s 18GS.
County says to use 9oz per 100 Feet for 6" well. so based on this I need 21-23 oz something like that. Could it hurt if I just used 2lbs of pool shock Calcium hydrochloride?
then they say pump the water from the well head back into the well through the vent till I smell chlorine I have CSV in my crawl before my Tank will that hurt anything? then they say to move to the next hose bib and then faucet by faucet till I smell chlorine at each one.
then let it sit 24 hours.
Assume all this is right how long should I wait to test the water again?
should I have some kind of filter system installed so I do not have to worry? From what I read maybe no way to know where its2 coming from they said maybe put a camera down the hole.
Is there a treatment system I can put in to mediate bacteria?