Preventing pipes from freezing......?

Users who are viewing this thread

87vertgt

Reaction score
Should i let all faucets (hot and cold water and the kitchen and bathroom) drip overnight? or can i get away with just turning on the kitchen on drip mode and leave the bathroom alone?

Thanx

Reaction score
Should i let all faucets (hot and cold water and the kitchen and bathroom) drip overnight? or can i get away with just turning on the kitchen on drip mode and leave the bathroom alone?

Why do you expect any of them to freeze? Is the space around them going to drop below freezing? Has the heat gone out?

87vertgt

Reaction score
thanx for the responses guys...

the area where they freeze is in the wall. the house is over 100 years old. also the water boiler/heater is in the porch thats not heated so i am worried about those too...

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Depends on how your pipes run.

Basically, anything against an outside wall, should be left dripping.

Doesn't need to be much. A single drop, every second or two, is plenty, unless you're getting into near-zero weather.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks