Utility room floor drain slope

Users who are viewing this thread

Mudball

Reaction score
We will be having a utility room with a floor drain in a concrete pad. This room is 8' x 13'. How far below grade would you set the top of the floor drain to so there will be a gradual slope from the edge of the walls to the drain ? Im thinking between 3/4" to 1" and that would be around 1/8" drop per foot from the furthest walls...does this sound right ?

Mudball

Reaction score
Whatever. You are probably NOT going to flood the room so any slope, no matter how slight, will be adequate, so 1/8" will work.

Thanks...I think
Whatever ? Sorry if my question is insignificant.
I hope your right that I probably will NOT flood the room but at the same time I sure would like to put one in seeing how its new construction and it seems appropriate and much cheaper to do it now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks