How far from wall

Users who are viewing this thread

suem600

Reaction score
I have been reading all the reviews of toilets. I would like to get the Toto
Ultramax 2 with G-flush. But I don't see how to tell how far the toilet comes out fom the wall. My bathroom is smal . The current toilet is 30.5 inches from wall to edge of seat and can't be any further than that. Where in the descriptions do they tell how far the toilet extends from the wall ?

Also, does a skirted toilet come futher out from the wall ?

My thanks to Terry and all the wonderful people who repond to questions and share their experiences on this site.

Sue

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
General rule of thumb is 12" from back finished wall to centre of floor flange and 15" from side wall to centre

Add allowances to wall thickness if your working from an unfinished wall
ie: drywall thickness and tile

So , from rough studs to centre of floor flange will be 12 3/4" from back wall and 15 3/4" from each side to centre

Most round toilets sit approx 28" + or - 1" from back wall to front of bowl
unless its an elongated bowl, add 2"

Last edited:

weaver

Reaction score
I'm only a DIY and my experience is limited, but I think the key dimensions for you will be 1) the actual distance your bolts to the flange are from your wall and 2) the distance on an UltraMax II from the holes for the flange to the front edge of the bowl.

For instance, I have 2 ecoUltraMax ADA elongated (not II, I have I). They measure just about 17 1/2 in from the bolts to the flange to the front edge of the toilet bowl. And the distance from the bolts to the back of the tank is about 11in. If your bolts are the normal 12in from the wall as krow noted, the front edge of my toilet would sit very close to 29 1/2 in from your wall, with about 1 in space between the tank and the wall.

Maybe someone with an UltraMax II could give you the bolt to front edge measurement.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

The only dimension you have to worry about is the distance from the "bolt openings" to the front of the bowl, and/or seat, (since some bowls will project out further than the seat). Measure that same dimension from the center of the drain opening, and that is where the toilet will end up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks