Users who are viewing this thread

Buz

Reaction score
|______________________|
|_______ _______________|
|_______|
|_______|
|_______|

I am attempting to remodel my second bath. I took a five foot tub out of the right side of this bath (A) and am trying to put a new five foot tub in it's place. Problem is that I can't seem to manuver the thing around to get it in. I am left with pulling all the sheet rock from both walls all the way to the turn and carry the tub in aligned like it will install. Is this common for this type of situation?

Buz

Last edited:

TheZster

Reaction score
Wow... they put it in tight, didn't they? I'm assuming you're talking about the sheet rock in the last section being too tight to carry the tub in properly, rather than the entry walkway type area.....

You may have to pull sheet rock from the bottom half of the actual tub area (though there isn't any left from the previous installation, right?) - saving you an inch or so of maneuvering room.... the rest of the room, I would think, would be big enough to allow you to carry the tub in - one end higher than the other (as the "lip" area is the problem, right?) - to the spot where the tub will actually drop in.... No??

Without being there, it's hard to tell..... I know if it was me.... I'd figure out "something" before ripping down all my walls...

Good luck

Buz

Reaction score
thezster said:
Wow... they put it in tight, didn't they? I'm assuming you're talking about the sheet rock in the last section being too tight to carry the tub in properly, rather than the entry walkway type area.....

You may have to pull sheet rock from the bottom half of the actual tub area (though there isn't any left from the previous installation, right?) - saving you an inch or so of maneuvering room.... the rest of the room, I would think, would be big enough to allow you to carry the tub in - one end higher than the other (as the "lip" area is the problem, right?) - to the spot where the tub will actually drop in.... No??

Without being there, it's hard to tell..... I know if it was me.... I'd figure out "something" before ripping down all my walls...

Good luck

No sheet rock in the tub area, just studs. I had to add studs to match the rough in specs for the tub. And the lip is the problem when it is level, the skirt when one side is lifted. Arrrggg! Pulling the sheet rock all the way back to the entry hall would give me 60 1/2 inches all the way down. I think that is what I'll have to do. This tub is wider and square looking down on it. The old one was tapered at the head and the foot. I was able to lift and rotate it out whole.

I figure worst will be cutting the old studs out on one side and go to 2x3s to get the added inch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks