no water

Users who are viewing this thread

dadof5

Reaction score
last night water just quit coming out of shower went under house found blown fuse replaced it and it blew again took off well cap and noticed wires were fried that come out off well cap and go to the control box repaired wires replced fuses nothing but blew fuse again checked control box with ohmmeter seemed good was checking my pumptrol fsg2 pressure switch and it is closed with no power to it is this bad or is it the pump which is a submersible thats all i know trying to get in touch with former home owner also pressure gauge is pegged but not sure if it works HELP help help

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Not anything against electricians, but I would get a qualified pump person to check the wiring. This is what they do.

The gauge is obviously stuck there. This is a normal thing with gauges and well water.

bob...

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Call a pump man!

Burn't wires and blown fuses indicate a short somewhere. If you have an Amprobe and a Volt meter and know how to use them, we can walk you through some further DIY tests. If you don't have them I recommend that you contract a trusted/qualified/certified pump installer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks