(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Delta Monitor 2300 (I Think) can I update?

DIY Junior Member Manicmechanic's Avatar

Default Delta Monitor 2300 (I Think) can I update?

A Lady at work has asked for my help in working on on old Delta Monitor Shower/Tub faucet. It has water pressure adjust and seperate temp. control and is leaking (to say the least) and has been gutted of the scald control on the temp controller. Can I regut the rough in housing with a newer faucet assembly since parts are hard to find for this unit?

Default Delta

Contact Delta. It is the old 1500 series, and I think there are conversion kits for it.

It does look like a 1500. The converson trim kits are RP29405 ( chrome ) or RP29406CB or RP29406PB. The cartridge is RP32104, which has stem adapters to make it work with the 1700 trim conversion kits. I think the conversion kit numbers I mentioned INCLUDE a cartridge.

The 2300 is a two handle set.

Thanks Guys, I will get busy on finding her a replacement and getting her going for the Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    It does look like a 1500. The converson trim kits are RP29405 ( chrome ) or RP29406CB or RP29406PB. The cartridge is RP32104, which has stem adapters to make it work with the 1700 trim conversion kits. I think the conversion kit numbers I mentioned INCLUDE a cartridge.

The 2300 is a two handle set.
    Success, I ordered the RP29405 from HD online and installed it yesterday. The only issue was that it doesn't come with a handle as Delta offers 4 choices of handles and the local HD had nothing. A local Plumbing Supply company had 1 and luckily it was chrome. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, both with the correct model and a replacement kit.

Default success

See, we ARE good for something, even though a lot of people think plumbers "good for nothing" bums.

Weel HJ, in this case since your advise was free, you were good for nothing, but you are hardly a bum! Merry Christmas!

Default advice

At least the advice was not equal to what he paid for it then. Price = worth, but "priceless" is not the same as "worthless".