water coming from shower spout

Users who are viewing this thread

Electric

Reaction score
I recently installed a Delta mixing valve and spout in my shower, product 1343-HS. The shower is of the type where there is a hose with a shower handle on the end.

About 15 minutes after the shower is used, about 500 mL of water is forced out the shower head, although it is at the highest point in the system. Lately, it has happened at other times as well. I still have the wall open behind the mixing valve, and there are no leaks that I can detect. There is no dripping except for these ejaculation events.

I don't understand how water is being forced out the shower unless there is a fault in the valve somewhere. Can anyone suggest why this is happening?

One thing, when I was installing the spout, there was a crack as I was tightening it and I suspect a plastic part cracked. Since there was no leak and the diverter valve works fine, I thought nothing of it.

Here is a link to the product description if it helps: http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/1343.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks