Clack WS-1 Parts

Users who are viewing this thread

verma

Reaction score
New guy on the board. I hope this is not an ignorant question but I have searched the posts and come up empty.

I am looking for parts to rebuild two WS-1s. Specifically the outboard o-rings on the stack, a few spring clips and a cap for the brine line. Having called a few vendors I can only source the entire stack w/ local installation and no luck on the other parts. Is there an internet source for these parts? Alternatively, is there anything special about these o-rings or can they be sourced from an industrial supplier?

If your interested the story:

I have two Clack WS-1 valves fitted to 12x52 tanks that the previous owner abandoned in the basement. I took them apart and they look pretty good.

On the first, configured as a backwashing filter, the stack looks good but one oring is nicked and should be replaced.

On the second, configured as a regenerating softener, the valve ways and stack are pretty dirty put look good overall. The inboard rings (white) look new. The outboard rings look horrible, flattened and discolored. Almost looks like red mud solution was run through the valve. Injectors look brand new as does the plunger.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I am looking for parts to rebuild two WS-1s. Specifically the outboard o-rings on the stack, a few spring clips and a cap for the brine line.

Is there an internet source for these parts? Alternatively, is there anything special about these o-rings or can they be sourced from an industrial supplier?

I have two Clack WS-1 valves fitted to 12x52 tanks that the previous owner abandoned in the basement. I took them apart and they look pretty good.
It would help if you said what the valves were doing that they shouldn't or what they didn't do that they should. Looking at parts and thinking they look bad isn't the way to do this but...

You can't buy parts for any brand of control valve from anyone but a water treatment dealer for that brand of control valve.

You also can't buy a part of a stack, you buy a stack. Also, you should never replace just a stack, or Fleck seals spacers, or just a piston, without buying a new piston, or stack, too. They wear on each other, and usually you can't see the wear with the naked eye.

Yes I can sell you any parts you need for a stock Clack WS-1. And I tell you how to do whatever to replace them properly. You have to call me for pricing.

What is this "cap for the brine line" thing?

verma

Reaction score
I don't know that the valves have any problems. One unit I wouldn't hesitate to put into service. The other I would not put into service having seen the o-rings.

Why would you replace the stack structure if it is mechanically sound with the exception of the orings?

I just found the service manual on-line and will post the part #s. The cap for the brine line is to convert the valve from regenerating to backflush only. Probably could just cap the brine line fitting. Whoever removed these from service didn't keep all the pieces.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
If I'm right, the o-ring isn't bad or you should have a water leak out the front of the stack area. The other thing is I don't know that I could get just an o-ring but I think you may be/are seeing part of the seals, not an o-ring.

Plus I've never heard of a leak like that in over 1300 sales over 6 yrs next month. A new stack and pistons are less than $75 including UPS.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks