Do I remove plaster/drywall spacer before tiling?

Users who are viewing this thread

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
My Moen "single handle exacttemp 3/4 inch thermostatic valve" has a plastic ring (I belive) called a plaster or drywall ring for setting the depth of the valve below the drywall/plaster/CBU etc. I used the ring to install the valve in the wall then removed it. The instructions (picturers really) from Moen don't clearly show removing or leaving the plastic piece in place.
Does this ring serve anyother purpose besides setting the valve depth in the wall? It seems like it would block servicing of the valve if it is left in place - so I removed it.
Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ring

Leave it on until AFTER the tile is complete. Its purpose is so you leave the proper sized opening in the tile to work on the valve. ONLY remove it when you are ready to install the final parts of the faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks