Heat Pumps/Well Pump Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

plantnerd

Reaction score
Hello

We have 2 heat pumps fed by a 1/2hp well. The "control board" for the well went out today while we were out, thus no water feeding the heat pumps. It's been around 30 deg here today.

We replaced the control board for the pump, so we now have water, but I cannot get water through the heat pumps. I know there is no water because I have a bypass to the waste line and don't get anything when the system is running. The heat pumps are fitted with Taco valves on the water out side. Any help? It's supposed to be a high of 15 deg here tomorrow, and I really don't feel like feeding a woodstove all night.

Thanks

BurleyMike

Reaction score
If I understand what you are saying, you are bypassing the heat pumps and dumping the water directly to the waste line? Do you have any water going to the waste line?

Is the pump a submersible or a jet pump on a shallow well? If it is not a submersible the pump might have lost it's prime. Do you have a pressure gauge on the outlet of the pump?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks