Need a Water Softner! Which One?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Ahh... I see. So instead of the code (which has us running two tubs + sinks + toilets + washing machine... all at once) I want to go with what actually can happen and then possibly round up a bit. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
Yep but, actually as you know you should always follow codes, right? ..... and that will cost you dearly in many cases but especially when the code calculates as if you run every faucet, fixture and appliance in the house at once and buy water treatment sized to cover that flow rate.

geogridshorthair

Geologist
Reaction score
Website
laderasystems.net
Gary,

thanks for your support to this thread. I have learned enough about water softeners from reading your dialog.

i would like to propose my situation to you and have you tell me which of your systems is reasonable for my project.

i want soft water in my hunting cabin. one person once or twice a week during the duck hunting season. little or no use outside of the months october to march.

the worst case useage condition will be when i take a shower. a typical shower 15 minutes and no other water useage in the cabin. other than that i will be washing dishes after dinner. i think worst case would be 3 gal/min in the shower for 15 minutes.

the water is quite hard though greater than 425ppm (25 grains i guess). No iron.

this is really a low useage environment with very hard water. And long periods of non-use.

i was going to just purchase a salt system(30k grain) like Kenmore or GE but after reading this forum i'm not sure now.

please let me know your recommendation for this application.

cost is an issue and l would like to keep cost under $400 if possible. i don't think the cost of salt is a big issue to me.

thanks for your response.

regards,

steve in southern CA

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Find one of the water bosses.. cheap, little ... just right for a small little used cabin..

There is a cheep GE on ****,,,, 5.00 in southern Cal...

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
What is up with the **** I know what I typed so why the edit?
Where is the rule?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks