Price Pfister Kitchen Diverter Tee

Users who are viewing this thread

pmizell

Reaction score
I have a single lever faucet, pullout spray. I have a diverter issue (water doesn't come out of the faucet strong unless you "pop" the sprayer).

I have turned off the water, and I can remove the bottom hose coupling and the side hose coupling. How do I remove it from the top coupling? The video on the PP site shows a plastic diverter with a bracket. Mine, which is steel with a light bronze color, does not have a bracket.

Also, is it worth disassembling and cleaning, or should I call and get a new part and replace it?

Any help?

Thanks in advance, this is a great forum!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
diverter

Malfunctioning diverters seldom respond to "cleaning". They usually need to be replaced. What is the faucet model, since the diverter is usually inside the faucet in, or near, the spout.

pmizell

Reaction score
It is a PP "Marielle". The online instructions show a plastic diverter with a removable wire bracket on top. Mine is metal, no top bracket. It is hard to reach, and I can't see the top, so I don't know if it screws out with a wrench (there is a flattened area for a wrench), or if you push it up and depress the collar, like removing the other connections. I have wiggled and pushed and I can't get it loose. Customer service is no help, they sent the same video as online.

Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
marielle

If you look at the breakdown, there is a "U" spring clip inserted into the top of the diverter tee which secures it to the faucet. Pull the clip out and it will slide off the pipe. Just remember to replace the clip when you put the diverter, or the new one, back on, or it will blow off and flood the cabinet.

pmizell

Reaction score
The diverter tee on mine does not have a clip. I have felt all around, and it is a totally different connection, so it isn't like the clip just isn't in there. Mine is metal, the breakdown online is a black plastic tee. The replacement parts list a plastic and a metal tee, but only show an breakdown for the plastic tee.

I am already stretching your help, thank you very much if you have any ideas.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tee

The next option would be if there is a plastic "ring" where the tube enters the tee. If so, squeezing that against the tee while pulling will release it. But, that is more Delta faucet thing than a Price Pfister one. Other than that, I cannot imagine how it comes off, without actually seeing it.

pmizell

Reaction score
I can feel the plastic ring. I pushed up on the tee, and tried to pull down on the ring (wore gloves to get a better grip) but I can't get the plastic ring to depress. The water was turned off. Any last thoughts before I break down and call a plumber? Thanks again for all your help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tee

Get a small Crescent wrench and adjust it to fit around the "pipe". Then pull down on it against the ring. Unless the installer placed a "safety clip" under the collar to prevent it from coming loose it should pull off. You can tell if it has the clip because it will be a red or blue "ring" under the collar, and if it should be there it will have a tab on one side for you to pull it out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks