Leaking tub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

trobinson017

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 20+ yr old Gerber 3 handle tub faucet setup; hot and cold knobs and a diverter knob in the middle. The hot/cold stems were leaking so I replaced everything; both stems with new valve seats,washers, etc. and a new diverter with a new seat/washer. The stems no longer leak but now I have water dripping from the tub faucet. I crank down on the hot/cold knobs but it still drips, although slower. I took everything apart and checked all the flat washers and the tightness of the seats. All were as they should be. I even went ahead and replaced all the flat washers. I put it all back together and the faucet still drips.

What more can I do? Any ideas??

Tim

Bob's HandyGuy

Reaction score
Does it drip only after you use the shower? There is a column of water in the shower pipe when you shut the water off. If so, then water is getting past the diverter. Open the diverter after the water is shut off and let it drain. If it still leaks, check the temperature of the water after awhile. This will help you isolate which valve might need re-doing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks