Toto Promenade supply-line placement questions

Users who are viewing this thread

HuntBeer

Reaction score
First off, let me say that I am absolutely thrilled to have found this site again, months after stumbling upon it when I was searching for two toilets to fit in my tight bathrooms. Only now, do I remember that this forum is where I was doing research back then.

I have been trying to find answers from all of my local Toto representatives and showrooms, and have been on the phone with Toto and their technical department, yet no one could give me the answers that I needed. I really just needed someone to physically take a measurement on a Toto Promenade CST423sf(g) to find the minimum allowable clearances for an existing supply line as no one has been able to find the specs for the rear of the toilet bowl.

Finally to my questions...

In both my bathrooms the supply line comes in “non-traditional” placements as it is an older home and I am needing help to see if my current configurations will allow me to use these toilets without removing the old wall tile and moving the existing supply lines.

I have a supply line that enters only 3” off center (to the left) and is 5 3/4” off the floor. I know if it fits that it will be extremely tight and I may have to attach a different style shut-off valve, as the current one sticks out 3 3/4" from the wall, but could it work? The technical department at Toto was trying to decipher the CAD drawing but couldn’t tell me definitively if I would have enough clearance. Can someone who has access to this model please take a measurement and let me know if it could possibly work?

My other bathroom’s supply line is 5” off center (also to the left) and 9” off the floor. Will this also work? I think the main concern here might be with getting the water line to the tank.

Also, could someone tell me how far the bowl footprint would be from the wall if the tank is seated at the probable 3/4” distance from the wall?

I would be SO grateful to anyone who could help me here. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any of the Toto toilets with exposed trapways will allow placement of the shutoff at 3" to the left of center.

We install these all day long.
It works.

I have a Promenade bowl here, it's basically a Drake bowl with some design tweaks.

promenade_round_front.jpg

Last edited:

HuntBeer

Reaction score
Terry, I really thank you for your quick response to my question and am so happy that I found your wonderful and informative site and forums. I know they are so appreciated by the many people who come here.

Also, I would like to add, as an aside, that I am absolutely amazed that I was forced to seek the answers to my questions on the web and on my own. I've spent literally weeks on this. All four of my local reps, and my reps Toto's reps, along with two others in Toto's technical department were at a loss and couldn't answer my questions even by looking at the CAD drawings that they had in front of him. They also told me that it would be pointless in contacting their warehouse for someone to take a physical measurement, and at the end of it all it was finally suggested that I just go ahead and buy only the bowl to see if it might work, because it was policy that I could not return any opened merchandise and would, therefore, be out the least amount of money if it didn't work. That is amazing to me! It seems to me there could be some better basic measurements included in their technical specs for their products (e.g. more detailed photos that included a ruler for scale, overhead bowl only measurements, footprint details, cross-sections, minimum supply line placements for proper clearance, etc.).

Well, I digress, and Terry all these manufacturers owe you big. Thanks to you! You just did what Toto couldn't and sold two more for them. Judging from the reviews, I think I'll be very happy with my purchase, but I sure wish I could buy them from you!

HuntBeer

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks