Frameless shower door install

Users who are viewing this thread

theBigSee

DIY Member
Reaction score
Just put in a Sterling Finesse frameless shower door -- looks great and I followed the directions to the letter, but unlike my old framed shower door, there's a bit of a gap at the bottom where the bottom seal meets the bottom track. The door can't go down any further as the inside flange on the bottom seal then hits the bottom track when closing. I'd say there's about a 1/4" gap at the bottom -- is this normal? I am used to a complete seal and it seems strange to have a gap.

Also -- at the pivot, there's about a 2" gap between the pivot itself and the beginning of the bottom seal -- is that just how frameless doors are? Should I expect to have some leakage during a shower just based on the lack of a frame?

Thanks for any input!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks