Price Comparisons

Users who are viewing this thread

DonR

Reaction score
I have been looking at an on-line site "**************" and they seem to be about 30-35% lower than the major retail chains and seem to offer a lot more selection.
1/ Does anyone have any experience with them? Is there better places to buy?
2/ There are way too many manufacturers listed Moen, Delta, Kroeler and 10-15 more. I have sort of zeroed in on Danze as they seem to offer the style and price range that fits - not the high end but hopefully not the bottom.
Any experience with Danze? Any recommendations?
As always thank for your input.
Regards Don

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Since this is a site where plumbers are helping homeowners for free, we don't do the price comparison thing here.

There are other sites out there that are only for consumers.

I know that many of the plumbers here, will use showrooms, and offer discounts to their customers that they deal with locally.
I often field telephone calls about toilets, and tend to steer them toward buying locally.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Danze is made by the same company ( Globe Union Industrial Chinese Faucet Company) that brings you such jewels as Glacier Bay. Good luck with parts 5 years from now.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

I would give you the recommendation of what I would supply if I were furnishing the faucets, and it would seldom if ever be Kohler or any of the "12 to 15 others", but would not comment on anything you purchased since a negative comment might depress you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
hj likes Price Pfister.
A lot of the guys like Delta.
Some Moen and Grohe.

If you stick with the older established lines, you can always get parts.

When you try to look up Home Depot brand faucets, (Pegasus) you can find any pdf files that show part break downs or installation.
I think they change them too often for there to be any records.
If you have a problem, you replace the entire faucet again.
Most book time for faucet replacement is 1.5 to 2.0 hours, times what ever the plumber is charging.
Or if a homeowner is doing it, maybe just double the times.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks