basement - moving toilet drain and adding shower

Users who are viewing this thread

moveright

Reaction score
New here, seems to be a wealth of info, so let's try this for a question. If this works out, I've got about a bazillion other ones:D.

My basement has a powder room which I would like to convert to a full bath. The floor is concrete as the basement is below ground. The room is very small so I will be needing to move the toilet and sink in order to add a small shower stall. Many years ago, I worked as a plumbers apprentice so I am quite familiar with moving pipes, working with copper/pvc, etc...

My question is, does a shower have a gooseneck in the drain? Also, I would obviously have to take a demo hammer to the floor and bust up the entire concrete powder room floor in order to move the toilet drain so is there any advice as to how I should plumb this stuff together or any general pointers at all?

thanks in advance.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
All plumbing fixtures have traps.
All plumbing fixtures need to be vented in a manner acceptable to your local authority having jurisdiction.

No one can advise you how to replumb your bathroom without knowing what is there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks