Converting to electronic ignition

Users who are viewing this thread

phillymaster

Reaction score
i would like to convert my boiler to electronic ignition. can anyone recommend an online supplier? what would I need to purchase? my current setup is a weil mcclain gold boiler with a standing pilot and a thermocouple. thanks!

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i would like to convert my boiler to electronic ignition. can anyone recommend an online supplier? what would I need to purchase? my current setup is a weil mcclain gold boiler with a standing pilot and a thermocouple. thanks!

Forgive me if I am wrong but I can't imagine this would be legal unless you had a gas inspector come check out and sign off on conversion....

You're generally not allowed to change fundamentals of an appliance like this....

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
This is what your looking for, easily googled:

HONEYWELL Y8610U4001 ELECTRONIC IGNITION SYSTEM KIT

Medium skills to install and monometer required to set up gas valve properly. This is common and done all the time to upgrade to a IID system

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks