(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Police shot in Lakewood WA

Quote Originally Posted by master plumber mark View Post
    I will take the word of the police man any day over the word of a criminal with a police slug in his gut...
    Funny how you mention that Mark...
    A while back I was called for jury duty...
    I considered it a waste of my time because I knew I would never be picked to serve on a jury...

Lets just say that my dad is a retired cop...
    I knew all his buddies and was on good terms with them...
    I served for 26 years on the volunteer fire department and knew many of the younger cops in town after he retired...
    I was friends with a large number of them including some that were neighbors and friends from school....

In fact one day I subdued a drunk who was trashing a restaurant and had him pinned to the floor keeping him from doing anything else when the police showed up. The cop a friend of mine peeked into the room and saw that I had him under control signaled to me that he was there and just to keep doing what i was doing then ducked out of sight to avoid inflaming the drunk. When several other officers arrived for back up they came in and worked around me to get him in cuffs then finally said I could get off him.

It was pretty simple to them who the bad guy was and who wasn't without any doubt in their mind...

Serving in a case involving a drug dealer with many previous convictions who was arrested for a drive by shooting whose defense was the police set him up just wasn't going to find an impartial juror with me...

In fact he was already guilty in my mind...
    And I couldn't wait to get him in that place where people would again be safe from him...

They obviously needed to find a group of people that truly either kept their head in the sand or could be inflamed by the race wild card...

I was excused after a couple of minutes....

Fortunately, I have since received some advice from a customer who was a former state police officer who is now working as a bailiff at the courthouse on what I should say if I ever am selected again for jury duty...

I would love to be selected for a trial where I may impartially weigh the evidence and determine who I believed was the most credible witness in a trial....

I think the video is a great tool that will leave no doubt in anyones mind that the officer acted properly and the shooting will rapidly return the officer to duty protecting and serving the good citizens of the city...
    Last edited by Redwood; 12-02-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Look at the way your SWAT teams gang up like a bunch of scare'd'cats, hiding behind each other with guns, shields and hemets.

God, they even need kneepads!

British police do it the real way.

No helmet, face to face with a stick. It's the personal touch. People are less likely to take on the Police if they get beaten senseless in a fair fight.

Your poor victims having coffee were obviously easy pickings. The guy was obviously only worried about a cop with a gun because that is all he knew. Plus your lot are in cars all the time and never walk the streets. If he had had his butt whopped by a policeman without a gun, he may have thought twice about taking them on.

Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-02-2009 at 01:29 PM.

I've got absolutely nothing against the cops here.

What I do have something against is their guns and America's tolerance of gun ownership outside of hunting and farming.

Guns breed cowardess and everything I am reading on here supports that.

The guy for shooting the cops, the other cop for shooting the guy, the cop and his buddy being afraid of me stepping out of my own car on a sunny Sunday drive through the countryside...

Like it or not, guns detach the individual from the act of killing, so more killing happens and more people get scared, so more people have guns and the cycle continues.

If you go at someone with your fists, a knife, a stick or even a hammer you pay a greater emotional price for the damage you inflict. And then most people, except the real nuts (we all know them) will stop short of killing someone and, in most cases, even short of serious harm.

Killing with a gun is just too easy. How many Americans are in prison for murdering someone with a gun, when really all they wanted to do was break his nose?

Now let me count....hmmm America has the largest prison population in the world. I wonder why?

2.3 million criminals are behind bars here, with China a distant second (1.6 million). Yes, you read that right. Over 2 MILLION. That's equivalent to 5% of the people in this country WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE! And we all know how many of them there are.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-02-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    I've got absolutely nothing against the cops here.

What I do have something against is their guns and America's tolerance of gun ownership outside of hunting and farming.

Guns breed cowardess and everything I am reading on here supports that.

The guy for shooting the cops, the other cop for shooting the guy, the cop and his buddy being afraid of me stepping out of my own car on a sunny Sunday drive through the countryside...

Like it or not, guns detach the individual from the act of killing, so more killing happens and more people get scared, so more people have guns and the cycle continues.

If you go at someone with your fists, a knife, a stick or even a hammer you pay a greater emotional price for the damage you inflict. And then most people, except the real nuts (we all know them) will stop short of killing someone and, in most cases, even short of serious harm.

Killing with a gun is just too easy. How many Americans are in prison for murdering someone with a gun, when really all they wanted to do was break his nose?

Now let me count....hmmm America has the largest prison population in the world. I wonder why?

2.3 million criminals are behind bars here, with China a distant second (1.6 million). Yes, you read that right. Over 2 MILLION. That's equivalent to 5% of the people in this country WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE! And we all know how many of them there are.
    Um... actually... when you're in prison, you get free health care.
    Master Plumber Mark:

there is nothing better than the
    manly smell of WD 40 in the air
    while banging away on brass with a chisel and hammer...

it smells like......victory......

do not hit your thumb...

Look at the way your SWAT teams gang up like a bunch of scare'd'cats, hiding behind each other with guns, shields and hemets.

God, they even need kneepads!

British police do it the real way.

No helmet, face to face with a stick. It's the personal touch. People are less likely to take on the Police if they get beaten senseless in a fair fight.

Your poor victims having coffee were obviously easy pickings. The guy was obviously only worried about a cop with a gun because that is all he knew. Plus your lot are in cars all the time and never walk the streets. If he had had his butt whopped by a policeman without a gun, he may have thought twice about taking them on.

Ian they are getting ready to bust down the door to a meth lab and the people inside have 3 AK-47's.

I'd like to see your bobbies go in that door with a stick... LOL

They'd have to have a deathwish....

Its a little higher threat level than a drunken hooligan raisin hell after a football match...
    Last edited by Redwood; 12-03-2009 at 06:44 AM.

You're right Redwood. There's a lot less meth use outside of America.

That has a lot to do with giving people self-worth through adequate access to social safety nets and health care.

Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar

That has a lot to do with giving people self-worth through adequate access to social safety nets and health care.
    Yet meth use is rising in the UK in an "alarming" rate.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ing-in-UK.html

Do bobbies bust the door down with a stick and a cool looking hat?
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

Yes Yes...we must not lower their self esteem...god forbid...while were at it we should give them a car, gasoline (petrol), day care, dental, medical, food, heat, water, and lights...have I forgotten anything...oh yes a little spending $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaOrange View Post
    Yet meth use is rising in the UK in an "alarming" rate.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ing-in-UK.html

Do bobbies bust the door down with a stick and a cool looking hat?
    That just shows Ian has lost touch with his Utopian Society...

Cass, I like that new signature....

I dunno what Ian's talking about, Bobbies without guns? That's long-past. Last time I was in London, most of the cops I saw were sporting smg's. Like this:

Heckler & Koch, I think?

Master Plumber Mark:

there is nothing better than the
    manly smell of WD 40 in the air
    while banging away on brass with a chisel and hammer...

it smells like......victory......

do not hit your thumb...

Our Police are properly trained to use firearms and they don't get to take them home.

Less God and more Government, that's what I say.

Don't feed that man and he will have to go fishing...
    Or he will bust your arse by trying to steal from you and your family. Which means you need a gun. Which means he needs a gun. Which means the police need guns. Which means society here has become cowardly.

So, being a part of society now, when are you getting a gun Ian? I wouldn't live in MD without one.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    I dunno what Ian's talking about, Bobbies without guns? That's long-past. Last time I was in London, most of the cops I saw were sporting smg's. Like this:

Heckler & Koch, I think?

OMG they almost look like some kinda paramilitary force...
    Body Armor and all those automatic weapons....
    They aren't even raiding a meth lab, they are just patrolling the street....

Good thing you're over here Ian...

The UK certainly appears to be in a rapid decline into lawlessness....

I wouldn't live in MD without one.
    Not required. I own a Sawzall. Like I say, I prefer the personal touch. And most remodelling tools could provide that.

Propane torch, stanley knife, sledge hammer....the list goes on.

I will agree with that Ian. I love anything that can double as a good weapon...heavy screwdriver, hammer, 1932 replica Zippo.

Matt