(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Police shot in Lakewood WA

About 7:00AM EST Tues. it was reported that the suspect was shot and killed...they got him this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    About 7:00AM EST Tues. it was reported that the suspect was shot and killed...they got him this time...
    Yep no trial needed!

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maurice Clemmons, the suspect in the Lakewood police slayings, was killed by a lone Seattle police officer investigating a stolen car.

One of my guys, Sleen, lives three houses down from where he was shot.
    So he came in a bit late this morning.
    The satellite trucks were in the street out front, he could look at his front door and see the same newscaster out front as what he was seeing on television.

2:45 AM
    A policeman found a stolen car, investigated, a person walked up to the car, who turned out to be Clemmons.
    http://www.twitvid.com/ACAE1
    Last edited by Terry; 12-01-2009 at 09:38 AM.

There can't be a happy ending to this story, but given the nature of the killings, there couldn't be a better ending. I'm sure many of us would have been happy to pull the trigger on this creature. Good riddance!

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Another thing I do not understand about America is that everyone thinks it's OK that:

the suspect in the Lakewood police slayings, was killed by a lone Seattle police officer
    What about innocent until proven guilty?

It all sounds like shoot first-ask questions later to me.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna get out of my car.

On a separate note, I did not know a Washington State plumbing license was valid in Washington DC

When I went to Washington DC to do some plumbing for my brother
    I guess we're all one and the same. More power to Washington, that's what I say!
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-01-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Blog Entries

When I went to Washington DC to do some plumbing for my brother
    Oh no, his US office is in Washington DC
    He lives in Virginia.
    It was plumbing repairs in an older home.
    Someone has to keep those washers and seats replaced.
    I haven't seen his London and Geneva offices yet.

When I was there to visit my brother in DC before, it was when he was still working with Ralph Nader and coffee breaks were in the basement.

And Ian,
    Stay in the car.
    Last edited by Terry; 12-01-2009 at 05:20 PM.

Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    Yep no trial needed!
    Since, as a civilized society, we can't torture those who are 100% guilty, I see this as the best possible outcome.
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

Journeyman & Gas Fitter Doherty Plumbing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    Another thing I do not understand about America is that everyone thinks it's OK that:

What about innocent until proven guilty?

It all sounds like shoot first-ask questions later to me.
    I'm not even American but I also think this is ok. The guy walks in to a coffee shop in front of a bunch of people and executes 4 people point blank.

I'd kill the guy too. He is clearly guilty and very dangerous and that good Police officer just saved America from that useless cull costing them a fortune in a trial(s) and jail terms.

I bullet is probably like $0.08 to the police vs $100,000's.... I'd take the 8 cents.

Ian, read the whole story if possible. I know this probably does not have as much press coverage where you are as it does here in Washington State, but the person was IDed from his photos. Moreover, he approached the officer who was investigating a stolen car. When the officer recognized him, he ordered the man to "show his hand" several time. Then "suspect" began to run around the car and was reaching for a weapon which turned out to be one of the slain officer's weapon. At that point the officer had every right to shoot. The creep was given more than enough opportunities to give up. So no, it was not shoot first and ask questions later. Had the officer not taken him out, there very well could have been one more dead officer. In case you missed this tidbit, he had a bullet in his gut from one of the slain officers that would have killed him eventually. There is and was no doubt of this man's guilty. As I wrote in another answer to one of your questions, when given a lawful order by a police officer, you'd better obey. Now days failure to do so would more likely result in being shot with a Tazer or having a dog released than a 9mm bullet, but when the need arises, deadly force is a possibility.

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

Clemmons, an ex-convict facing a potential prison term on child-rape and assault charges, was armed with a handgun taken from one of the Lakewood officers, police said.
    If anyone deserved to be shot....

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Can I just say that I am glad I do not live in the 'Wild West', that I now take to include Washington State.

Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar

Ian, I'd be willing to be the MD and surrounding area cops are much more trigger happy than Washington State. I've been through some of the hoods of Maryland and they were anything but merry.
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking Orange.....IAN ..

Personally, I could care less wether they had all this on video or not......

I will take the word of the police man any day over the word of a criminal with a police slug in his gut....

maybe the family of this criminal can sue the
    city of Seattle for not "tazering" this fellow...instead of killing him

he was only the "alleged" shooter....and we got to worry about his civil rights.

------------------------------------------------------

Ian.....
    and whats the matter with the wild west??.

I think that they should have put a bounty on this skums head of 100k, dead or alive to who ever drags his ugly carcas in first.....

we could clean up the streets a lot quicker that way..... and it would give a lot of un-employed people a job too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Swart View Post
    He approached the officer who was investigating a stolen car. When the officer recognized him, he ordered the man to "show his hand" several time. Then "suspect" began to run around the car and was reaching for a weapon which turned out to be one of the slain officer's weapon. At that point the officer had every right to shoot. The creep was given more than enough opportunities to give up. So no, it was not shoot first and ask questions later. Had the officer not taken him out, there very well could have been one more dead officer.
    Ian, this is exactly why when stopped by police you comply with their demands.
    It is for their safety as well as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Doherty Plumbing View Post
    1 bullet is probably like $0.08 to the police vs $100,000's.... I'd take the 8 cents.

Actually the cost of a bullet is probably around 60 cents on up to a couple of bucks depending on the size and quality. In any case it was a good investment that saves the taxpayers the cost of the trial and incarceration.

Ian a question for you...
    In England are the bobbies packing pistols these days or, are they still just twirling batons like a majorette.

Kinda like bringing a knife to a gunfight...
    I fail to see the wisdom of thinking any criminal is going to have any respect for the law regardless of what country you are in...
    The logic of that thought process completely eludes me!

Last edited by Redwood; 12-02-2009 at 09:42 AM.

Blog Entries

I think it's always a good idea to have things on video.

There was an older case of a jail incident in Seattle captured on video that was released.
    Sometimes things happen that shouldn't.
    If things are on the up and up, video will show that.

Video does protect both sides.
    There has alway been a need for the check and balance.
    It extends all the way up the chain too.

That's why we have separate arms of government.

But it doesn't help many people feeling sorry for this guy, knowing he was bragging to friends that he was going to be on television soon for killing cops.
    Last edited by Terry; 12-02-2009 at 04:04 PM.