(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Police shot in Lakewood WA

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by master plumber mark View Post
    I will take the word of the police man any day over the word of a criminal with a police slug in his gut...
    Funny how you mention that Mark...
    A while back I was called for jury duty...
    I considered it a waste of my time because I knew I would never be picked to serve on a jury...

Lets just say that my dad is a retired cop...
    I knew all his buddies and was on good terms with them...
    I served for 26 years on the volunteer fire department and knew many of the younger cops in town after he retired...
    I was friends with a large number of them including some that were neighbors and friends from school....

In fact one day I subdued a drunk who was trashing a restaurant and had him pinned to the floor keeping him from doing anything else when the police showed up. The cop a friend of mine peeked into the room and saw that I had him under control signaled to me that he was there and just to keep doing what i was doing then ducked out of sight to avoid inflaming the drunk. When several other officers arrived for back up they came in and worked around me to get him in cuffs then finally said I could get off him.

It was pretty simple to them who the bad guy was and who wasn't without any doubt in their mind...

Serving in a case involving a drug dealer with many previous convictions who was arrested for a drive by shooting whose defense was the police set him up just wasn't going to find an impartial juror with me...

In fact he was already guilty in my mind...
    And I couldn't wait to get him in that place where people would again be safe from him...

They obviously needed to find a group of people that truly either kept their head in the sand or could be inflamed by the race wild card...

I was excused after a couple of minutes....

Fortunately, I have since received some advice from a customer who was a former state police officer who is now working as a bailiff at the courthouse on what I should say if I ever am selected again for jury duty...

I would love to be selected for a trial where I may impartially weigh the evidence and determine who I believed was the most credible witness in a trial....

I think the video is a great tool that will leave no doubt in anyones mind that the officer acted properly and the shooting will rapidly return the officer to duty protecting and serving the good citizens of the city...
    Last edited by Redwood; 12-02-2009 at 10:15 AM.