Vikrell Versus Acrylic

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob H

Reaction score
I am starting a 2 bathroom remodel on a second floor condo built on pilings 400 feet from the Atlantic Ocean.
I am going to use either a Sterling All Pro Vikrell tub Model # 61041110 30x60x15 and a Sterling Ensamble Vikrell shower base #72121100 48x34x 4.5 with center drain.They both will be mounted in a mortar bed.
My second choice would be a Lasco Acrylic tub # 6030AIS 30x60x17 and a Lasco #4834 APANB Acrylic center drain shower pan both mounted in Structolite. Both bathrooms walls and floors will be tiled to a cement type board.
Since the building moves due to wind etc. I am open for any and all suggestions.
I am also seeking the answer to the frequent asked question, which is better Vikrell or Acrylic? Please respond. Bob H.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sterling

I am not sure what is meant by "sturdier", but the Sterling tubs and showers I have had to install for customers have ALL been the thinnest, lightest material I have ever worked with. One tub was so light that a teenager could have carried it on his shoulder. In that case it was a benefit, because it had to be inserted and removed several times to get everything to fit properly, but I would NEVER furnish one if I had to give any kind of guarantee for the installation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks