Old Pot Drainage Gulley

Users who are viewing this thread

Nettlewarbler

Reaction score
Mornin all , I'v been laying some 4 inch plastic drainage pipes in the garden and back yard . I'v laid all the pipework , which is for rain water drainage only . I now need to connect the pipework to an old Clay gulley thats under the kitchen window , it has a stone hopper head above the gulley which I'd like to keep . The Gulley itself is clay or stone with only the ONE outlet opening to it , I don't know the size of this outlet but it only feels about 4 inchs . I have a gulley with 4 inch INLET and OUTLET openings . The only thing i'd like to know is ""What size will the old pipework be I have to fix the new gulley too "" and It will probly be an old clay pipe . " So will i have to get some fitting or other to connect the NEW GULLEY to the OLD PIPE . I know it's a very long drawn out question . but I'd like to be prepared before i smash any old Pipes or Fitting's . Thank you all very much . ###

Nettlewarbler

Reaction score
I forgot to say that the back of the old gulley is again'st the foundations of the house , and the left side where the OUTLET hole is . Is under some very big steps which I can't move ,It is very tight against the side of the steps , and so can't see what's there . I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what the gulley might fix onto , or if I would need to get some sort of connection to join the two together . Thank you ##

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks