Leaky Delta Jetted Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Kiko

Reaction score
Over the years, I've worked on a few Deltas, and you usually just need to find the set-screw to remove the handle, unscrew the backer plate, remove the chrome sleeve, unscrew the knurled nut, pull out the stem, and replace the seats and springs.

With this model, I can't figure out how to remove the lower handle. The handle extension piece unscrews, but you still have to remove the rest of it somehow before the backer plate can be pulled out. The jet control handle does have a set screw, so that seems straight forward, but I'm not sure about the jet housings, etc..

Anyone care to tell me how to get at the seats and springs on this beast?

delta-jetted-shower-t18230-chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

It is basically a model 1700 valve. It does not have seats and springs. You replace the cartridge. Snap off the temperature handle's cover, unscrew it, then the main handle will slide off.

Kiko

Reaction score
Thanks!

But I am really confused now.
This diagram does show seats and springs.

leakspressbal1.jpg

Kiko

Reaction score
I finally got around to fixing that leak, and it was a piece of cake.
Once the cartridge was pulled out, it revealed the seats and springs, which, once replaced, stopped the leak. No need to buy an expensive cartridge. :)

Kiko

Reaction score
They'll send me a free cartridge for a 7 yo faucet??

But, even if they did, the cartridge was fine, and I I still would have had to replace the seats and springs, which were NOT part of the cartridge assembly on this model.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks