Drainage Question

Users who are viewing this thread

R_2016

Reaction score
Ok, to make a long story short. I have an area of my yard that is considered wetlands, and part of the yard is kinda like a swamp. I have a permit from my city that allows my to install an 8" perforated pvc pipe into a catch basin, that is at the end of my yard. The catch basin is on city property, and is tied into the drainage system under the street. What I plan to do is dig a trench in my yard, lay some fabric, and crushed stone down, then lay the pipe. After that I will have to have a licensed contractor tie the pipe into the cities catch basin. My question is, does anyone know where I can get and 8" perforated pipe, I am pretty sure that it is pvc. And if anyone has any experence doing this.Thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'd check a real plumbing supply house (as opposed to a Big Box Store) These people deal with professional plumbings and will be more likely to have what you need.

Mdvaden

M. D. Vaden
Reaction score
Website
www.mdvaden.com
Older topic, but may as well add for others, that its not a bad idea to transition to solid pipe when passing by any shrub or tree root systems, if they are present. Perforated away from the trees, and solid near them. Either that or try some root barrier panels, which places like United Pipe and Supply may carry.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks