Vanguard Manablock pex manifold

Users who are viewing this thread

Alan Muller

Reaction score
Been dealing with one of these and have found it unsatisfactory as the valve operating piece (sort of a plastic trapezoid) tends to twist off leaving no simple way to operate the valve.

Vanguard sent me some new valve cores but this doesn't really solve the problem.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

am

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Are you using the proper wrench? The manifold is plastic and not meant to be manhandled! I agree that the design could have been a bit better, but overall I am very pleased with it. Too bad most are installed horribly!

davesnothome

DIY Member
Reaction score
I dont know what valve your talking about, but I have the 24port Vanguard Manibloc with pex installed. Has worked great, no problems. There is a Key for the individual shut offs, if thats what your referring to? The connection to the manibloc requires a special wrench like mentioned. Is it the on-off valves your talking about?

Alan Muller

Reaction score
Yes. I know there is a special wrench. Mine broke.

To rotate the valves I have to reach behind and apply torque there as well as to the front of the valve core. I haven't seen any other real problems, but this problem seems major to me. I wouldn't use one again unless they have changed this aspect of the design....

am

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks